German 88 Flak 36/37

Is there anything in particular that you want? Ask for it here and see if anybody has what you're looking for.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 25/03/2019
Please make sure you are up to date with the Wanted section rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=27359
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: German 88 Flak 36/37

Post by Tiger6 »

midlife306 wrote:Perhaps they did different versions?
I've never actually held one in my hands, so I can't comment :S
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

I’ll post some close up pics when I get it next month, thanks Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

ImageImageImage
Made some progress. Thought I had better post photos since I made such a fuss about getting one of these. This kit is fun to build and goes together well. I’ve just completed the gun section and next is the trailer part. This will be very enjoyable during the detailing phase by adding chains and such.
After seeing these photos I realize I forgot to sand some seams. I’m always rushing through projects! I’m not going to worry about it at this point.

Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

ImageImageImageImage
Just another progress update. This is a fun kit and it’s really neat how the trailers hook up to the gun. There is still a ton of detail painting to do along with adding chains and stuff but I’m happy with how it’s turning out. Thanks for checking in.

Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thanks. I’m trying to stick to Autumn ‘42, Leningrad area. I’ll probably keep it gray and weather it up a good bit but there are no instructions for decal applications for the various time periods and theaters of war. I want to display it with my initial production Tiger in a “Siege of Leningrad” themed diorama. I’m still thinking about how I’m going to have everything posed.
Wildboar44
Corporal

Post by Wildboar44 »

That is a lot of detail in that kit, very nice . :thumbup:
Yesterday is our history, Tomorrow is an eternal mistery, Today is a gift, its why its called "The Present".
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
A Beautiful Piece of Work! Looking forward to seeing your Diorama. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
doscodger
Recruit

Post by doscodger »

Hi there,

I just found this forum while searching for info on the Denix Flak 88 model that was mentioned earlier. I just bought one recently and was looking for whatever I could find about it. I had wanted one for a while to display along with my 1/20 scale cannons from the long gone Pocher series. Even used they sell for $100 or more.

This 88 model scales out at 1/19 scale, not actually the more common 1/16 scale. Which is strange because Denix made a few other replica cannons in brass & pewter, but they were 1/20 scale, not 1/19. It's a mystery to me why this model is in such an odd scale.

Return to “Wanted”