Panzergruppe Tarraco scenery: the Panzodrom

Jussek
Sergeant

Re: Panzergruppe Tarraco scenery: the Panzodrom

Post by Jussek »

LOL Herr Bix!

I admit that I had to look for what it is a Fleetwood Mac back catalog! :{ :haha:

thank you very much for your kind words too, mate

the material to make the camo net is simple cotton bandage, dyed and frayed to simulate an old one, I 've used the same material to do the cover of the 'beobachtunstelle'

best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hello guys

we have been busy these last weeks "only" doing landscaping maintenance work, this winter has been inexistent here, so the vegetation woke up in february, some in january! also the weeds, of course... @)

but this last weekend we have carried out an experimental method to stop the erosion on the 'bunker' hill, that one with all the positions on top. In other places, the hills are covered with a good and protective green cover (wild grass and lippia nodiflora), so when the heavy rains come, they do not erode the hills.

in this one, as we have been working on it, digging, trampling and so, our attempts to make the ground cover prosper have been unsuccessful, and as you can see in the pics, it's heavily eroded, with the layers of fine earth gone downhill and exposing stones.

so, our idea is: use of artificial grass and cement. Once the cement is set and hard, we will 'dye' it with earthy pigments so that it ends up looking like real earth. We will see if it works, we have still work to do in almost the 40% of the hill.

well, here you are the pics of the work already done:

best regards chaps!
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
xhelfix
Lance Corporal

Post by xhelfix »

Hey Jussek,

that looks realy good!
...and look´s also more better when all you stuff is in :thumbup:
That will be given a realy good picture of diorama.

Greetz, Andy
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

xhelfix wrote:Hey Jussek,

that looks realy good!
...and look´s also more better when all you stuff is in :thumbup:
That will be given a realy good picture of diorama.

Greetz, Andy
Viele Danke Andy! :thumbup:

the idea is to do the outline of the trenches and the cavities of the positions with bricks and cement, so that it is easy to clean, immune to weeds and it is quick to assemble and disassemble the positions within their respective holes

best regards
Jussek

Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hi all

I hope you are all safe and sound.

well, i've finished the 3rd 88's position for the Panzodrom, Cäsar is done. I've no more material at home to continue with the next one, and due the mobility restrictions i'm not allowed to travel to our batcave to collect nothing. So all i've at home is all the ammo and boxes for the next 3 positions, so i will have to content myself with painting all this stuff.

now the pics!

Cäsar has a little difference, or addition on the radio hut, i hope the pics are self explanatory ;D

the hut with and without the roof, so you can see it's inner details, and also the battery holder for the crew hut, that is at the other side of the screen, also note the radio antenna wire 'holder'... :haha:

a 'night' shot

and the overall views of this position

best regards chaps!
Jussek

Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

I love how there's so much more detail then can ever be seen!
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

thank you Marco

yep, there are lots of little details that only the builder is aware of! :haha:

also, i have to do all six positions with similar layout but all of them must be and appear different, and this is also an added trouble...

best regards
Jussek

Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hello sirs,

while we are in forced confinement, as we have no way to go to the Panzodrome to work (thanks to goddess Nature that it has rained every week!), i've found how to entertain myself at home.

Painting a lot of stuff: 88's ammo boxes and containers, mortar ammo boxes, radios, food containers, mg ammo belts & boxes, and some 40 more shells for the sFH18
also, i have been raising 'sedum' at home. I've it put in big plant pots & around my trees. This plant multiplies easy and quickly. You can chop some, throw it to the ground, and it will root if it meets the water and sun conditions. It need a very little of substrate and it will grew there. So, after the confinement, i will transplant almost 3 square meters from home to the Panzodrom, this is the same vegetation you can see in all the river's shores

some pics of the sedum's raising

the lot of ammo boxes and other stuff

the sFH18 ammo is a pain to paint...

i've yet to paint the fuses ... and a lot more things!

meanwhile, as i was presented with this gift for my anniversary by my wife, i've done some mods, some oils added and weathering, added Herr Galland on the cockpit, and hung it from the roof lamp!

best regards chaps

stay safe!
Jussek

PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

That's a lot of shells! That might take awhile... Your 109 is stunning, what scale is it?
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

PershingLover wrote:That's a lot of shells! That might take awhile... Your 109 is stunning, what scale is it?
hi mate, the plane is from Merit, in 1/18 scale

best regards
Jussek

Return to “Battlefield Construction”