Taigen panzer iv kit.

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Taigen panzer iv kit.

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Well santa came and dropped on my lap the excellent taigen panzer iv kit. So I've got it sitting here eyeing me up, blow me no instructions. Ok. No worries. Time to start with the suspension. I'm doing this all by guess work so excuse me. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Stay tuned. Here we go.

The first pic is off the main suspension component. I assume the two circle rings sit ontop of one another with a small spring sandwiched between them. The right hand joint then has a small cut put for the long suspension arm to sit into.

Second pic shows the compmeated assemble attached to the hull. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Re: Taigen panzer iv kit.

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

The entire left hand side has nie had the main suspension components added. I have a bunch of screws left over from the installation. So who knows. Hopefully the instructions will turn up here in the next few days. Thanks all and stay tuned. Image

Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Have you tried doing a search for an online instruction manual? Maybe Taigen USA website has a link to the manual. YouTube could have some assembly videos as well. Pardon me if you’ve already tried all that.
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

I've tried YouTube and Google but nothing seems to really turn up.

Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

I cannot seem to help myself. It now has wheels. Not sure how to attach the runners or the idlers. But I'll try and muddle through. Now onto the right hand side of the tank. Image

Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Try this link Moofles, hope it may be of some help :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.

https://www.taigentanks.com/taigen-user-manuals
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Unfortunately, that's the manual for the ready to run tank. I'll send a message to Erik and see if they have an instruction sheet for the kit and if they do I'll figure out a way to get it posted for you.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Erik says there are no instructions for any of the kits except the tiger one. But you seem to be doing pretty well so far and I'm sure if you run into any snags the guys here will be able to help you, myself included. Like I said, I have both the winter and summer version so I can get you photos of anything that you need to see.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Max-U52 wrote:Erik says there are no instructions for any of the kits except the tiger one. But you seem to be doing pretty well so far and I'm sure if you run into any snags the guys here will be able to help you, myself included. Like I said, I have both the winter and summer version so I can get you photos of anything that you need to see.
No worries boss thanks for the help. Could you have a look see at how your return rollers are attached. I'm thinking I'm going to need to bolts or something.

Each return roller is split into two parts. With just a press fitting holding them together. What screw or bolt attaches them to the main hull? Any one has any ideas. Like wise with the return rollers. Those are split into two parts. With 2 small screws holding them together. I need to find put what screw is used to attach them to the main hull. ImageImage

Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

You attach the inner roller with the screw and then the outer roller just gets press-fit on to that. I did a video on all this once when I did a Commission job on a P4, so I'll see if I can find that. There's lots of good information in there. For example, I found that those silly robogrip pliers from Sears are absolutely perfect for pressing the return rollers together. I'll see if I can find a video when I get home from work.

Return to “Other Builds”