My Tiger Tank Project

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
jarndice
Colonel

Re: My Tiger Tank Project

Post by jarndice »

Lovely detail work :thumbup:
For anyone interested "Schumo" make a repair kit for the Tiger1 early Cupola hatch hinge.
Easy to fit and saves throwing away an otherwise serviceable Cupola.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thank you very much! I owe it all to this great forum.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thanks for the info, jarndice. That’s looks like a first rate repair kit. I did successfully repair my metal hatch with a piece of brass tube and wire but that’s when I noticed that my old plastic cupola had much sharper detail and even had the thing that stops the hatch from opening too far. I figured that a proper paint job would make it look metal without the added weight. Win win!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

That "THING" that stops the hatch hinge from being over stressed used to come loose in the box containing the Tank and lots of people thinking it was a piece of scrap plastic threw it out :lolno:
It took Forums such as this and RCU to let members know what it was that they were chucking out :clap:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

This forum is the most useful tool in my RC tank toolbox!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I guess a tank build is never “finished”. Thanks to a post by jarndice in a different thread I realized that I needed to address yet another detail that is probably almost always overlooked or deemed unimportant. I’m talking about the fact that a Tiger 1’s spare antenna tube is actually resting on two mounts and is slightly raised up above the deck. So I had to fabricate the mounts and a tube which is made from brass tube and styrene. I used museum photos of 131 for reference but of course the initial production Tiger had the tube reversed. ImageHere’s a pic of my humble modeling attempts. Thank you, jarndice. I can sleep better tonight as this has been bothering me lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wildboar44
Corporal

Post by Wildboar44 »

Jimster wrote:I guess a tank build is never “finished”. Thanks to a post by jarndice in a different thread I realized that I needed to address yet another detail that is probably almost always overlooked or deemed unimportant. I’m talking about the fact that a Tiger 1’s spare antenna tube is actually resting on two mounts and is slightly raised up above the deck. So I had to fabricate the mounts and a tube which is made from brass tube and styrene. I used museum photos of 131 for reference but of course the initial production Tiger had the tube reversed.Here’s a pic of my humble modeling attempts. Thank you, jarndice. I can sleep better tonight as this has been bothering me lately.

Ah jarndice "Don't look into the light Carol-anne".. too late... I looked and am now infected too :crazy:

Nice job Mr Jim, pretty spot on I would Say :thumbup:
Yesterday is our history, Tomorrow is an eternal mistery, Today is a gift, its why its called "The Present".
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I’ve decided that I want to apply a more heavily weathered/hard deployment look to my Tiger and I started with the tracks and road wheels. I’m contemplating adding a mud effect on the wheels and maybe some “panel shading” attempt.
I was sidetracked by my Leopard 2A7+ build but to be honest, my heart is not into modern tanks. They just don’t seem to have the heart and soul of the old armor.

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I really like this tiger :thumbup:

I also rather like your 2A7+ :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thanks. That means a lot coming from you.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”