Leopard Rubber Padded Tracks

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Leopard Rubber Padded Tracks

Post by Jimster »

So here’s the deal. My Taigen Leopard has metal tracks but no rubber pads. I want rubber pads. Is it worthwhile to maybe glue rubber pads onto it or am I better off buying new rubber padded tracks? If new tracks are necessary they need to function with my Taigen sprockets and idlers. Good Lord https://www.taigentanks.com/ almighty! A simple tank build always turns into a twisted story of parts acquisitions and shopping prowess. Any suggestions will be appreciated (even from jarndice, just kiddin, Bro).
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Leopard Rubber Padded Tracks

Post by jarndice »

Somewhere on this Forum somebody came up with a tip for a particular adhesive for retaining rubber tank track pads,
I am pretty sure it was one of those Murcan people who appear to be expanding their presence on this Forum like jack rabbits :haha:
Just beware, When we get out of the European Union we shall start exporting Tea through Boston Harbour and we all know what kind of upset that created last time :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

There’s no “u” in harbor. Unless u r t. Get it?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Trust me when we get back into the White House `Oh by the way have you got the scorch marks off the paintwork yet?
The first thing we will do is have a ceremonial burning of Mr Webster's dictionary followed by English as SHE should be spoken taught in every school in the land,
There will also be certain changes in mathematics (NOT MATH) with the much overdue introduction of the metric system,
I hope the space scientists at Nasa pay particular attention to the lessons. :haha:
And I don't care what you say the word is "HERBS" :thumbup: Not erb :thumbdown:
My goodness I do feel a lot better now. :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Andrew Jackson did what to who?! Oh well, we got over all that thank goodness.
So I could save some money by gluing rubber pads to my Taigen metal tracks? I would be willing to try that.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Not any old Glue,
"EasternFront" suggested 3M Weatherstripping Glue but as he said gluing anything to silicon track pads is unlikely to be a permanent fix.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Looks as if I’m going to be satisfied I’ll need to shop for dedicated rubber padded tracks. $$$$$! You gotta love this hobby.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Here's a really committed guy, trying to find the most effective means of gluing rubber to metal. Oh yes, and he likes Triumph motorbikes too :D ...
phpBB [video]
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Modern Tanks”