Torro Schwimmwagen Price?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Torro Schwimmwagen Price?

Post by Max-U52 »

I got the same email. I wonder what they'd say if I just asked for a refund?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I sent them an email and asked them to cancel the order and issue a full refund, so we'll see what happens.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:| Looks a bit like a lame DUKW :thumbdown:
Still, if the Sinkwagen comes down to £60 or so, I'd take a punt (and might need one too :D )!
Looks likely to dampen the Christmas spirit, as many here were impressed by its appearance, and looking for an excuse to buy one. I was too... :/
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

43rdRecceReg wrote::| Looks a bit like a lame DUKW :thumbdown:
Still, if the Sinkwagen comes down to £60 or so, I'd take a punt (and might need one too :D )!
Looks likely to dampen the Christmas spirit, as many here were impressed by its appearance, and looking for an excuse to buy one. I was too... :/
Sinkwagen, LOL!!!
Seems to be true though.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I had another motive for cancelling, I recently scored both the 1/6 DAK Kubelwagen and the 1/6 Schwimmwagen from Dragon, both in kit form, I already have the standard 182 kit in 1/6 from Dragon, so I plan to wrap up a couple projects, like the tanker truck and some suspension upgrades to the M26, M41 and Tauchpanzer, then I want to go whole hog on those three kits, starting with the standard Type 82 and finishing with the schwimmwagen. The first two will let me cut my teeth before I bite into the schwimmwagen, and I want to go all out on that, with the steering wheel, drivers head (and possibly a passenger's head) slaved to the steering so they turn with the wheels, and naturally it will have to swim and lower the prop as she enters the water, so it looks like the i10 for that puppy. So now I just have to keep telling myself, NO NEW PROJECTS!! Yeah, right, like that's gonna work. :lolno:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:I had another motive for cancelling, I recently scored both the 1/6 DAK Kubelwagen and the 1/6 Schwimmwagen from Dragon, both in kit form, I already have the standard 182 kit in 1/6 from Dragon, so I plan to wrap up a couple projects, like the tanker truck and some suspension upgrades to the M26, M41 and Tauchpanzer, then I want to go whole hog on those three kits, starting with the standard Type 82 and finishing with the schwimmwagen. The first two will let me cut my teeth before I bite into the schwimmwagen, and I want to go all out on that, with the steering wheel, drivers head (and possibly a passenger's head) slaved to the steering so they turn with the wheels, and naturally it will have to swim and lower the prop as she enters the water, so it looks like the i10 for that puppy. So now I just have to keep telling myself, NO NEW PROJECTS!! Yeah, right, like that's gonna work. :lolno:
When one of our revered comedians, Spike Milligan, died, Gary, the Gaelic inscription on his headstone read: "I told them I was ill!'
Yours will read: 'No more projects'.
After which you'll appear on local ouija boards saying :'I didn't mean it! Please, get me that Armortek!!'. :lolno:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I should have liked to have seen my Granny spelling "Armortek" with her wine glass :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hi there,
the delivery date has been postponed again:
Unfortunately there are delivery problems with a component for the Torro RC Schwimmwagen, which is why the completion is delayed.
The delivery of the Schwimmwagen models will therefore only start from March 16, 2020.
Since we unfortunately have no influence on this supplier, we can only ask for patience and excuse.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

This is why I asked for a refund when they announced the first delay. They're getting as bad as Hooben.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

That's why I never preorder. Especially video games :/

Return to “General Questions”