Hello from across the pond

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
M60A3 Tanker
Recruit

Hello from across the pond

Post by M60A3 Tanker »

I have one build, back in 1975 when I was in the First Cav. It was the Tamiya M4 Sherman. I saw the Tamiya M551 Sheridan full option and it brought back fond memories. I was trained on the Sheridan and can't believe how much RC tanks have evolved. The Tamiya M551 Sheridan full option is in the future. For now, I am waiting on a WPL B16. I intend to build a Viet Nam era gun truck and I'll need lots of help. Thank you for allowing me to join your group!
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
CD
SSG United States Cavalry
Cold War Veteran M551, M48A5, M60A1 & M60A3
1975 Tamiya M4 Sherman Build
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Hello from across the pond

Post by Jimster »

Greetings from Illinois!
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Nice man, where abouts in the US are you located, there are quite a few of us scattered about.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
M60A3 Tanker
Recruit

Post by M60A3 Tanker »

Newark, Delaware sir.
CD
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Hello, and welcome aboard from the Motor City. You're in luck on the gun truck, Frank just started a thread showing his Vietnam gun truck under construction. You should get a lot of good ideas there, and Frank is one of our best builders.

I've also done a few videos on the wpl and JJ RC trucks showing how I convert them to hobby grade RC, what kind of ESC and servo I use, what kind of sound system, Etc.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
M60A3 Tanker
Recruit

Post by M60A3 Tanker »

Max-U52 wrote:Hello, and welcome aboard from the Motor City. You're in luck on the gun truck, Frank just started a thread showing his Vietnam gun truck under construction. You should get a lot of good ideas there, and Frank is one of our best builders.

I've also done a few videos on the wpl and JJ RC trucks showing how I convert them to hobby grade RC, what kind of ESC and servo I use, what kind of sound system, Etc.
Thanks Max-U52. I'll be watching with lots of questions I'm sure.
CD
M4Sherman1944
Recruit

Post by M4Sherman1944 »

Hi M60, first of all I want to thank you for your service in the armed forces, did you serve in Vietnam? You don’t have to answer if you don’t want too
WWII-Cold War history buff and an Armor fan
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

A warm welcome from the other side of the Pond, and the Far North :thumbup:
You're right; model tanks have evolved-and continue to evolve. With pressure from forums such as this one,we hope the advance will continue. :D
We'd just like to see the likes of Tamiya produce a Churchill, Comet, Cromwell etc., in 1/16 kit form. Takom are doing some non-mainstream tanks in 1/16. So that's good news, though- and we have rumours of other players producing WW2 Brit tanks.
Maybe Tamiya et al could inject a few military logistical trucks too, for a growing band of truckers on the Forum. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”