Hello from South Wales

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
TxRx
Recruit

Hello from South Wales

Post by TxRx »

Hi all, been lurking here for a while picking up lots of useful information and admiring some of your fine work and now finally got round to registering.
My interests are principally in the technology that can be used to control these tanks but will also try my hand at body mods and painting at some point.
I’ve had a Heng long Tiger for a little while now that I’ve modified to be controlled by a PS4 controller via a remote raspberry pi and have just recently picked up a Heng Long Leopard 2a6 that I’m looking to fit out with an Arduino mega using the open panzer software to control it.

I’ll create a thread with my tanks in when I get some time to reassemble them.
Cheers
Matt
square4
Lance Corporal

Re: Hello from South Wales

Post by square4 »

Welcome, as you say plenty of good info on here, and I will be looking forward to your electrical exploits as
that's something I need loads of help with :eh:
I never finish anyth
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Hi, I am in Abertillery, and joined the South Wales Rc 4x4 & military group on Facebook. They run tanks occasionally down at Rhoose Point, which is a great place.

I have done the Arduino TCB, if you look in the electronics section you can catch up on the chatter. :clap:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum, I'm not too far away from you also, I'm over in Merthyr :D there's not many of us up this way but as wibbly mentioned, groups sometimes meet up at Rhoose point near Barry :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, Matt! This Forum certainly lures some creative folk in.
...A tank controlled by a PS4 unit and Raspberry Pi? :crazy: ..whatever next? 8O :D You'll be able to help broaden the scope of tank control systems, by the sound of it :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
TxRx
Recruit

Post by TxRx »

square4 wrote:Welcome, as you say plenty of good info on here, and I will be looking forward to your electrical exploits as
that's something I need loads of help with :eh:
Thanks! I’ll post some details up when I get some time, I see others on here have done some similar work; wibblywobbly being a good example.
TxRx
Recruit

Post by TxRx »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum, I'm not too far away from you also, I'm over in Merthyr :D there's not many of us up this way but as wibbly mentioned, groups sometimes meet up at Rhoose point near Barry :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Hi Lee, thanks for the welcome I’m in Abergavenny currently (work in Oakdale) but am actually looking to move to Barry in the new year so that would work out well, I’ve also joined a couple of FB groups as I recently got into crawlers as well so I suspect you are on those already? As I’ve seen some of the meet-ups mentioned.
Cheers
TxRx
Recruit

Post by TxRx »

wibblywobbly wrote:Hi, I am in Abertillery, and joined the South Wales Rc 4x4 & military group on Facebook. They run tanks occasionally down at Rhoose Point, which is a great place.

I have done the Arduino TCB, if you look in the electronics section you can catch up on the chatter. :clap:
Hi Wibbly, I’ve seen your thread and also your posts on the open panzer forum (and on a couple of fb groups I joined recently)I got my mega board yesterday and got the tiger up and running with a couple of hobbywing 1060 esc I had in other models so need to start working out the turret stuff next. I’m also messing around with fpv with GPS overlays although I’m not sure how easy it will be to drive via goggles!
I work in Oakdale so just up the road from you and live in Abergavenny at the moment but looking to move Barry way in the new year, I’ve also got a couple of crawlers that I’ve taken out a few times with a couple of guys from work so would be good to meet-up at some point.
Cheers
TxRx
Recruit

Post by TxRx »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Welcome, Matt! This Forum certainly lures some creative folk in.
...A tank controlled by a PS4 unit and Raspberry Pi? :crazy: ..whatever next? 8O :D You'll be able to help broaden the scope of tank control systems, by the sound of it :thumbup:
Thanks for the welcome!
My day job is developing systems for the military so I spend some time round the real equipment, makes sense to spend my evening doing similar stuff :haha: :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

TxRx wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:Welcome, Matt! This Forum certainly lures some creative folk in.
Thanks for the welcome!
My day job is developing systems for the military so I spend some time round the real equipment, makes sense to spend my evening doing similar stuff :haha: :haha:
:O ...I wonder if the Chinese and Russians (or other favourite 'threats') know that the British defence system is actually controlled by a solitary Raspberry Pi....and 'Chain Home' managed by a revised Sinclair Spectrum :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”