T-72 TK-6.0/6.1

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Woz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

T-72 TK-6.0/6.1

Post by Woz »

Just picked up my T-72 and thought I'd post about the New Heng Long.

Like the latest HL's this comes with all the parts on spruces and as there's been plenty of pics online I won't bore you with more. So I'll tell you whats new.

First of it comes with a small 7.4v (1800mAh) Li-ion battery and a 4.2v (800mA) usb charger (the instructions say it'll take 4 hours to charge).

As you can see from the pic the battery box is only big enough for the small battery and you're going to have to cut it up to fit a normal sized 7.2v battery in there. I ain't a fan of these new batteries so I'll be digging the dremel out.
1.JPG
It can fire BB's and be used for IR battles.

The biggest change is the electronics. It comes with its own instruction manual

Here's the wiring diagrams for now so you can see what it's got-
2.JPG
3.JPG
One thing I did notice is a 6v power out for wifi cameras which makes me wonder what HL have got planned for the future.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: T-72 TK-6.0/6.1

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Thanks, Woz. The Circuit diags. will be very useful. :thumbup: I imagine the 6v camera connection could be for an FPV unit.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Woz

Post by Woz »

Took it for a spin and the new electronics are a huge improvement even over the 5.3 model I have.

Things like the lights can be turned on/off from the controller. It has two speed modes (High/Low) which limits the top speeds. Even in High speed mode the tank has good control at low speed. It also has Cannon stabilization and double current system (?) for future models

Anyway here's the controller instructions.
20190707_144751_HDR.jpg
20190707_144758_HDR.jpg
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

All the advances in tank electronics is fantastic. Seems like something better is coming out all the time.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

It's certainly good to see more functionality being controlled from the transmitter. There should only be one switch on the vehicle and that's the power switch, preferably not beneath the hull or under a hatch that can't be easily opened. We could do with some cross brand standards though.

Thanks for posting the diagrams - very useful.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Woz

Post by Woz »

I would have thought HL would release more info on the new boards and their capabilities.

The IR transmitter is in the manlet next to the main gun-
20190707_220525_HDR.jpg
The IR sensor plugs in under the loaders hatch and the sensor has a magnet holding in place on top of the turret-
20190707_220447_HDR.jpg
Another new thing is the recoil. Now the recoil takes the slack out of the tracks, so it doesn't move back but seems to just rock back on the spot.
Alan123
Recruit

Post by Alan123 »

I have one too and was very impressed.

I need another one now for IR battles.

I tried battling with my Tamiya Leo but the Leo could hit the T72 from even behind a brick wall and the T72 could not hit the Leo at all. Probably 2 x HLs will work ok.

What other HL tanks have the v6 in them?
My Youtube Channel is worth a look if you like RC tanks http://www.youtube.com/user/alanundlilja
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I just ordered a T90 with the 6.0 electronics, and I've seen them in the JagdPanther, the Sherman, the leopard, the Abrams, and the tiger. I think they've also got it in the Walker Bulldog now. I already did a video of the 6.0 in the JP, but I suppose I could do another one on the t-90 when it gets here. I can also set the two up and get a video of the battle action and how much range they've got and stuff like that. I know fssttanks a pretty comprehensive review at RCU, but I do not believe he included any video, and we all know the deal, if there's no video, it's not real! @)

If you go to eBay and search henglong 6.0, they will show you all the different tanks that have it in it.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
percy1510
Corporal

Post by percy1510 »

I see that on the instructions for the 6.1 version of the board there is support for servo recoil. Does anyone know if the 6.1 board is available yet and where to get hold of one?
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

MAKO TK6.0 will allow servo recoil on tk6.0 will also let you use taigen flash unit that tk6.0 doesn't

http://rctanksaustralia.com/store/index ... ucts_id=67

Return to “General Discussion”