PRINTED RENAULT R35 turrets

Is there anything in particular that you want? Ask for it here and see if anybody has what you're looking for.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 25/03/2019
Please make sure you are up to date with the Wanted section rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=27359
Manu-Military
Lance Corporal

Re: PRINTED RENAULT R35 turrets

Post by Manu-Military »

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Tiger6 wrote:Had a few hours to play with this, not 100% there with the shape but I suspect that I'm not going to improve on it much...
H39_turret_1.JPG
If its not a bagillon dollars, its good enough for me.
The versions from Kirin that have been suggested are great, but for what I need, a simple printed and cheap unit will suffice.
Good work Mr Tiger6, appreciate your time & patience !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Do you want me to print and post Herman, or do you have a local source that can do it for you?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Tiger6 wrote:Do you want me to print and post Herman, or do you have a local source that can do it for you?
No local source here I’m afraid.
How close to the Kirin pics is your version ?
That cupola looks like it might be hard to get right as well.
Perhaps I was too ambitious to hope for a quick simple project?
Don’t want to cause you any stress for what’s going to be a bit of scenery .
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

No stress, it was on my to-do list anyway ;)

The coupola looks simple enough when compared with finding the time to sit down for a solid few hours and to play around with the angles of the turret sides. I think I'm about there now - I but haven't checked the turret roof measurements yet, so that could all be a case of famous last words...

I'm working off a 1/35 Bronco kit which looks pretty good compared with photo's available online. As neither of us are likely to find ourselves in Saumur with a tape measure anytime soon, I think we can safely call it 'close enough' :shh:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Near enough for me !!
I have a stash of polystyrene yo use up making the bunkers
Top job that man :thumbup:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

As predicted, when I checked the turret roof width I discovered that the turret sides should lean in a little more. Trouble is when I got the top of the turret roof where I wanted it, the sides didn't look right anymore :/

I've saved that effort off in a different file, maybe I'll come back to it later when I figure out what I need to tweak to make it all work, but at the end of the day its only making the turret roof narrower by 3mm - anybody wishing to argue over such a small discrepancy will be invited to do better... :yawn:

So, todays progress:
H39_turret_2.JPG
H39_turret_2.JPG (36.55 KiB) Viewed 2540 times
Overlay of the other version for comparison:
H39 Comparison.JPG
H39 Comparison.JPG (29.81 KiB) Viewed 2540 times

Tomorrow I'll crack on with the gun, vision ports, and commanders hatch.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Oh trust me, anyone starts on a dimensional finger pointing exercise will have it snapped off & bashed in their clacker !
Looks so much better than the FT17 unit for a bunker by far.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

Done a little more...
H39_turret_3.JPG
H39_turret_3.JPG (30.81 KiB) Viewed 2499 times
H39_turret_4.JPG
H39_turret_4.JPG (31.27 KiB) Viewed 2499 times
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Nailed it !!
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Wanted”