Boxer Armoured Vehicle

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Boxer Armoured Vehicle

Post by silversurfer1947 »

The MOD has just placed an order for 500 of these multipurpose armoured vehicles, to be manufactured in Telford by a joint venture between Rheinmetall and BAE Systems. Not too sure about the effectiveness of the camouflage scheme, though
1042px-MJ-8458-main-image.By Rheinmetall Defence .jpg
1042px-MJ-8458-main-image.By Rheinmetall Defence .jpg (76.46 KiB) Viewed 870 times
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Boxer Armoured Vehicle

Post by Max-U52 »

That's the camouflage they use for the weekend pub crawl with Austin Powers. You know Austin, the international Man of Mystery. That's urban camo, Baby. :haha: :haha: :haha:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
chris.alliss
Recruit

Post by chris.alliss »

Just park near a telegraph pole and eeveryone will think its just a flag....

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

At least the red and blue "splinter" camo breaks it up a bit. Quite the improvement over the UN "No One Can See Me" white!

Bill
Last edited by capt midnight on Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

I like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

The sad fact is that vehicle has been in developement for 25 years already - The UK Govt pulled out of the original consortium in the late 1990's saying that its 'requirements were different' and then failed spectacularly to fund a replacement design. Now we are having to buy 'off the shelf' once again, because we no longer have the skills to design and develop our own vehicles.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:think: Hmm...it would be perfect camo for those 'Red sky at night' evenings, in a setting like this:
Highway at Dusk by J.Bishop
Highway at Dusk by J.Bishop
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “General Discussion”