Heng Wrong- as she is spoke.

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Heng Wrong- as she is spoke.

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

The thread title is a rough allusion to Pedro Carolino's 19th Century, unintentionally hilarious, English-Portuguese traveller's phrasebook. I've mentioned the gaffe-packed book before; but, in case you don't know it,
the hapless Pedro couldn't speak a word of English. :D
Anyway, with the recent improvements we've noted in Heng Long's model details, accessory packs, and the mini quantum leap in electronics heralded by the V6.0/6.1 MFU; you'd think that they could afford a decent translator. :eh:
Well, not a bit of it. When it comes to producing incomprehensible instructions, Heng Long doesn't disappoint! Even now, that is!
When leafing through the booklet, that came with the V.6 Leopard 2A6 which arrived a couple of days ago, I found these helpful 'how to' tips for the new owner to follow. These are word for word:

For Decals:

"...Stick the mark to you need the position, and then from side to side sticker hand thumb pressed evenly, so close to the full mark..."
:crazy:

Then, for accessories:
"...CAUTION...........DIY installation components, if the hole is too loose parts split second binding your own; if a narrow hole parts, dealing with your own tools..." :O
Now, that does sound really painful, and...well, slightly anatomical :lolno:

It goes on in a similar fashion. The introduction, itself is just about meaningful; but when the HL mission statement reads: "...Creativity,Technology,Quality' These are the 3 slogans of our company..."
They could add a fourth: Gibberish. :haha:
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Heng Wrong- as she is spoke.

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Just found this useful site for downloading selected Heng Long Instruction manuals, in pdf format, as well as a few from Taigen :thumbup: :
http://www.rc-panzer-shop.de/rc-battle- ... nformation.
Here's the one for the Leopard, if you want a good laugh. :lolno:
https://shop.strato.de/WebRoot/Store17/ ... eitung.pdf
Edit: I should add, that there's that the manuals are listed on a handy wee reference page. Here you'll also find a small section with a glossary of terms; a numerical listing of Heng Long models; a brief detail on the differences between 3rd and 4rth gen. HL models, and so on. It's a bold attempt to be helpful :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

Nice read. There is a quench button on the transmitter.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

RenoirLV wrote:Nice read. There is a quench button on the transmitter.

:D Yes, no transmitter is complete without at least one Quench button. :lolno:
Now, if pressing 'quench' delivered a nice cool beer, for a parched throat- that would be something :lolno:
Luckily, most folk can get by without needing the manual's instructions. ;)
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

It must be the fact that they have no access to Google services. Or they do? Because Google translate seems to do a better job. Image

Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

My personal favourite is a caption to a photo, reads 'the hole of filling' with an arrow showing where the hole of filling' is. If produced as a label it could be quite useful.

I thought their v6.0 / 6.1 A4 booklet supplied as a second booklet with the Tiger 1 but not with the T-34 (just a flysheet) is both clear a well written with large supporting diagrams for both mfu. I just wish it had more about the optional functions that appear to be available in China fitted but not separate yet.

In the mean time, ensure rolling contusions startle only below 50 contrivances. Good tip that.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

My favorite about the hole position. Sorry for spam. Image

Started as a tank man.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Thanks, Lads :D yes, 'The hole of filling' is a real rib-tickler too, and embarrassingly 'suggestive' (to use and antiquated 1950s/60s expression) All that said, it still makes some sense. The same can't be said for
the end of the 'How to operate' paragraph:
"...The volume size can regulate the button 'V'control through a volume adopting seven classes to increase to adjust to control circularly since the childhood...."
The really mystifying part I've put in bold. :eh:
Just think what might happen, if emergency instructions to 'plane passengers were written by Heng Long... :O :D
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Hang Wrong Airlines: “Reach between legs under crotch in case of entry to water. Blow hose for full inflation.”
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimster wrote:Hang Wrong Airlines: “Reach between legs under crotch in case of entry to water. Blow hose for full inflation.”
:D :thumbup:

Return to “General Discussion”