Surface radio for tank?

Discuss your radio gear here!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Surface radio for tank?

Post by Max-U52 »

My 1/6 Hetzer is on a Flysky i10 and barely has enough channels. Of course, I have elevation, traverse, and a .50 caliber paintball cannon so I need a few more channels, but if you ask me the spektrum radios are seriously over rated, as well as over priced. You're paying a lot just for the name.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Max-U52 wrote:, but if you ask me the spektrum radios are seriously over rated, as well as over priced. You're paying a lot just for the name.
TRUE.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:Radio freak here!
A 5ch radio for a 1/6 tanks makes me cry. I do use 32 channels in 1/16 tanks!!!
Also the mixing posibilities of the spectrum are very very limited.

Get a Taranis qx7, it is cheap, and it will cover most of your present and future needs, and you can use either open tx or ersky tx, so mixing options are infinite.
I beg to differ, Rad 8O I've just bought the Taranis Q X7 and it wasn't cheap (£130!) >:< :haha: It's a fantastic radio, though, but will require me going back to radio school to get the hang of it... :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

43rdRecceReg wrote:

Get a Taranis qx7, it is cheap, and it will cover most of your present and future needs, and you can use either open tx or ersky tx, so mixing options are infinite.
I beg to differ, Rad 8O I've just bought the Taranis Q X7 and it wasn't cheap (£130!) >:< :haha: It's a fantastic radio, though, but will require me going back to radio school to get the hang of it... :D
You have it in aliexpress many times for 80 euros free shipping. (And no taxes because they declare a value of almost nothing) at this moment is 100 euros.

Of course it is no peanuts, but it is an awesome piece of technology. 16 channels sbus, nice amout of switches, uses open tx (but you can flash erskytx which in my opinion is better) free module bay for another module...

What can you find that good for that price?
Despotes
Recruit

Post by Despotes »

I appreciate all the replies. I currently have a Flysky FS-I6X, Spektrum DX6i, DX18 and a Graupner MZ-24 Pro. I just want a surface radio for my tank that will be used along with a Super Rock Rey. The Flysky Noble NB4 was updated with an 8 channel firmware, but there aren't any receivers that work with the NB4 above 4 channels. Gun, no ammo. :crazy:
32 channels!?
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Despotes wrote:I appreciate all the replies. I currently have a Flysky FS-I6X, Spektrum DX6i, DX18 and a Graupner MZ-24 Pro. I just want a surface radio for my tank that will be used along with a Super Rock Rey. The Flysky Noble NB4 was updated with an 8 channel firmware, but there aren't any receivers that work with the NB4 above 4 channels. Gun, no ammo. :crazy:
32 channels!?
Yep, 32.
Driving tank, moving turret, tons of lights that I can switch on and off independently with the radio like headlight, convoy like, internal light, brake light, backwards light, searchlight, blinkers and more.
Three working machine guns with their lights and sounds,
Control of smoke, volume, inertias, momentum...
And tons of other functions like user sounds (like a horn, voices, tank commander instructions, radio chatter, music and so on and so on)

And you want to use 5ch with a 1:6 tank with plenty of room inside? What a waste! You could even make the tank commander move, and tank hatches open! Please dont take itnlike a critic but like an encouraging post. Id love to see your huge tank with tons of functions!

I have seen you are pretty served with those radios, but thats the problem of all of those spectrum and the overexpensive graupner radios, lack flexibility and lack of real mixing posibilities... One radio with ersky or open tx is the most flexible thing that you can imagine, and other brands are nowhere near. It is also open source software and it is updated like every week.

Said that, if you really want to stick with basic functions (even normal functions for most of the mortals and no freaks like me) I dont see any reason of not using the radios you already have. There is no difference between "air and surfsce radios" except those radios with a steering wheel and a trigger, of course.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Rad the reason I mentioned radios for RC Aircraft and Radios for Land Vehicles is that most aircraft do not have a sound chip so the designers of radios for aircraft don't have any pressure to fit a slider or rotary control but as electronics get ever smaller, cheaper and more reliable such controls are becoming a standard fit.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

jarndice wrote:Rad the reason I mentioned radios for RC Aircraft and Radios for Land Vehicles is that most aircraft do not have a sound chip so the designers of radios for aircraft don't have any pressure to fit a slider or rotary control but as electronics get ever smaller, cheaper and more reliable such controls are becoming a standard fit.
Yep, I said that not because of your post, but to the OPs.

I do love pots (I have 5 in my 9x radio, go and figure) are very usefull not only for volume control but to many many more things.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:

I beg to differ, Rad 8O I've just bought the Taranis Q X7 and it wasn't cheap (£130! inc.shipping) >:< :haha: It's a fantastic radio, though, but will require me going back to radio school to get the hang of it... :D
You have it in aliexpress many times for 80 euros free shipping. (And no taxes because they declare a value of almost nothing) at this moment is 100 euros.

Of course it is no peanuts, but it is an awesome piece of technology. 16 channels sbus, nice amout of switches, uses open tx (but you can flash erskytx which in my opinion is better) free module bay for another module...

What can you find that good for that price?
It's currently 108 Euros on Aliexpress, Rad. I've never used that outlet. Instead, I went with someone who had an excellent rating on Ebay. The main thing is, I've now got myself a futureproof Radio. :thumbup:
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

43rd, at this moment the radio is 98 free shipping. Prices vary a lot. I buy everything but food in aliexpress, the owner has more of my money than me, LOL. 100% trusted site.

But YEAH, you have a very very good radio that you can use for years, much better than others with a price tag 4 times bigger! There are some mods you can do if you need them. Id definitely flash erskytx, most people find it easier to program. Any questions, I am here.

Return to “Radio Gear”