1/6 Dragon Jeep axles

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: 1/6 Dragon Jeep axles

Post by Max-U52 »

Bump, so this will stay in "view new posts" for the day.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

The price of these has tumbled - remember when they first came out the price was around £450...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Soo cool, i will wait to see your progress guys, i don't know why, but you guys are like talking me into 1/6 scale! Oh dear! haha
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

1/6 scale is great, Will, and you don't have to start with a 10,000 dollar Tiger from Armortek (though that would be very cool) you can start with a jeep, a kubel or even a halftrack for way, way less than it will cost to build a heavy tank. The accessories available are legion, and a lot of them are pretty cheap. I just picked this up for about $75 delivered, and I can't believe the detail. The shift lever moves, and the springer front end is actually functional. I won't ever RC it, but it will look great with the jeep in still photos.

Keep your eye on ebay for the unusual, and once in a while you come across something worth having. And let guys here know if you're looking for something special. I stumbled across my Hetzer when I sold a guy a tank, right here on the web.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Jimmic
Recruit

Post by Jimmic »

I've just ordered the RTR "clone" from Banggood - £165 with everything in including 2 bodyshells and free shipping. I'll get hit with import duty and VAT, but still I think a good buy. I suspect I'll shudder a bit at butchering the model (buy 2?), but it looks like it will be a nicer installation than the Maverick Scout one I used on my desert jeep, which got a bit crude, albeit up and running in a couple of days. I got round the wheel installation on that one by bonding some cheap wheels with hex drive to the inside of the Dragon wheels which also increased the track to a more realistic width, the Scout axles being too narrow. I'm looking forward to doing the next one with the clone.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Well, I’ve been rather busy on other projects for quite a while, unfortunately over Xmas my puter has thrown the towel in so I’ve had to go back to conventional stuff...
It now runs & steers, I still need to sort the std Jeep wheels out so the Bruiser wheels will have to do for the momentImage
I know it’s messy, I need to mount the motor further away from the front & find where to hide the electronics but here you go..
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Very smart!
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Got it wizzing around the house on 3S

Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

midlife306 wrote:Well, I’ve been rather busy on other projects for quite a while, unfortunately over Xmas my puter has thrown the towel in so I’ve had to go back to conventional stuff...
It now runs & steers, I still need to sort the std Jeep wheels out so the Bruiser wheels will have to do for the momentImage
I know it’s messy, I need to mount the motor further away from the front & find where to hide the electronics but here you go..
ImageImageImageImage

That is totally awesome!
You should build 2! 1 with those wheels and tyres as a old skool offroad comp vehicle and then another with Military spec up.
I think you need some WW2 parts like a 50 cal and mount in the back and maybe a 30cal fender mount on the passenger side haha
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
midlife306