Greetings from Southern California

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
bradw6ea
Recruit

Greetings from Southern California

Post by bradw6ea »

Hello all,

Name here is Brad. Very new and excited about researching and choosing my first tank...1:16 scale. Glad to join this forum as it seems to have best content of others. Been researching approx 30+ days and soooo much information...can be very frustrating. Getting through it with forum research. Have done rc cars and helis in past...both experiences ultimately didn't turn out so well...especially with helis. Never did fly winged aircraft, although I always wanted to. Having been exposed to electronics as an amateur radio operator instills a special desire to tinker with miniature dc electronics. As I have aged, I have been looking into this neater and slower speed hobby for myself and to be able to introduce and share it with my young grandson. (I have a great love for military history especially WW2). Tanks have a lot of dc voltage and component options and capabilities which I love! (I guess why the frustration...all the choices).

Anyways, greetings again to all members and I hope to have a wonderful experience here on this forum.
Brad
(bradw6ea)
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Greetings from Southern California

Post by Jimster »

Welcome from Illinois! You’re gonna love this hobby. Do you have a certain tank in mind?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Brad Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Your enthusiasm might take a knock when after some time your loved ones keep making derogatory comments about "Quote" Those blo*dy expensive dust gathering monsters" UnQuote :haha:
Ignore them its like any drug they don't know what they are missing (Allegedly),
Do keep an eye on your pocket book though, Costs mount up as you accrue more and more of these not so little wonders,
Enjoy the Forum which of course is now yours and please do ask lots of questions.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

This Forum is for Tanks, plus a lot of other vehicles and things, Brad; but the miniature dc electronics part that hooked you, is very much a part of the hobby. That said, some members still prefer static models. :D
Welcome, and do post pics of your new tracked steed, when you finally plump for one. :thumbup: The range of models available is increasing, despite this being something of a niche market.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello and welcome to the forum Brad :wave:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
Welcome to the Forum. Pics of your tank when you get the chance, please. We love to chat and kick the virtual road wheels around here.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome Brad :thumbup:

This is perhaps the most user friendly website I've belonged to.
You will find knowledgeable, friendly, helpful folks here.

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Brad :wave:

Looking into only getting one tank, and for two of you :think:
Trust me when I say, maybe look for two, double the fun with ones grandson, especially if grandad gives the lad his very own tank, many "best ever grandad" points to earn ;) :thumbup:

Good luck with your choice.

Enjoy the forum.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
bradw6ea
Recruit

Post by bradw6ea »

Thanks for the warm welcome from all. Looking at M4A1, tiger 1, jadgpather. Searching manufacturers and upgrades on forum....going to post some questions....

And absolutely post pictures of build....once it gets ready, of course.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”