TacticalDad - New Member

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
TacticalDad
Recruit

TacticalDad - New Member

Post by TacticalDad »

Hi all,

Quick hello from me, I'm new to RC Tanks and RC in general but love anything military.

This last week has been a bit of a buying frenzy, it started out with an RC Crawler, then i discovered tanks and bought a Challenger & Tiger 1 and im probably about to order a Sherman, i love to make stuff my own and they are looking far to new so over the next few weeks i will be making them my own (already started detailing on my challenger)

I stumbled upon this forum looking at some ideas for my builds as such, so far i have not been disappointed at all, some amazing tanks you lot own.

I'm based in Bucks, UK (Not terribly far from Forgebear Tanks as i discovered today, if he is known on these forums? (no doubt i shall put a fair bit of business his way)) Im also a stones throw from Beds Electric car club, they seem to hold a military day now and then.

Anyway, look forward to browsing and learning.
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: TacticalDad - New Member

Post by forgebear »

hi welcome Tacticaldad yes we are on here to
thanks dave
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum TacticalDad :wave:

Yes, we have some very talented members here, and some very knowledgeable ones too.

Looks like you've got off to a good start :thumbup:
Yes, Dave and Julie at forgebear will definitely cater for your craving for most things tank related ;) a well respected duo on this here forum :thumbup:

Enjoy the forum.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, TD :thumbup:
I wonder, are the Tacticalkids also interested in RC? If so, then they're always a good excuse for OTT indulgence. :D
Four decades ago, I bought my 6-month old daughter a Mamod Steam Car, as a present. :| :lolno: Yes, really.
Although it was the thinnest of thin pretexts, eventually, my (then) wife (now friendly ex) accepted that it was bought in 'good faith', but with the wryest of wry looks.
This unique event also set a precedent for her own indulgencies, thereafter... :problem: :haha:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
TacticalDad
Recruit

Post by TacticalDad »

Cheers everyone, Have not stopped looking at all things tank related, i think i have a slight issue lol

Ha, i like your style 43rd, Fortunately the kids LOVE them too, and my wife, well apparently all the new tanks are for uhhmmm, cough, wink you name it.... them haha, negating the fact they are now occupying my desk lol.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Welcome, TD :thumbup:
I wonder, are the Tacticalkids also interested in RC? If so, then they're always a good excuse for OTT indulgence. :D
Four decades ago, I bought my 6-month old daughter a Mamod Steam Car, as a present. :| :lolno: Yes, really.
Although it was the thinnest of thin pretexts, eventually, my (then) wife (now friendly ex) accepted that it was bought in 'good faith', but with the wryest of wry looks.
This unique event also set a precedent for her own indulgencies, thereafter... :problem: :haha:
Funny how that works since that's exactly how my 2 year old son ended up with a metal Mato M4A3 & LCM3. That took some explaining. :haha:

Welcome TD! I'm well into my second childhood with these beasts having started with static models back in '71. Have an older son who just turned 30 who got me into RC AFV when I was still in the States in the late '90s & now having a blast playing with my youngest who's into boats, crawlers & tanks. Get them started while they're young since its loads of fun.
IMG_7201.jpg
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

...and that's a pretty impressive Panther in the foreground, XS. 8O It appears much larger than 1/16 model; but in a child's eyes- its a Universe-sized must-have object of desire. :D
I think it's great when someone well into adulthood, and a child, can both stare at a display with the same level of awe. :thumbup: Human ingenuity, and engineering, can bridge the generations. :wave:

Thanks, TD, for the compliment, by the way. :D You'll find all sorts of styles among our membership. You'll also find some incredibly talented model (and mischief ;)) makers. I'd class myself as a moderate in both departments.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

With all these new members you'd think there would be lots of new clubs spring up. Where are they? Still, you are well located near Dave and Julie's place for all sorts of goodies and great advice.

I recall my 2yr old daughter watching a Sooty video of kids driving rc buggies over a park. She got a full race spec one for her third birthday and, of course, my own followed just 2 weeks later..... so, you see, it was really all her fault. Some 30odd years later, her 2yr old daughter now drives my tanks!

We don't need excuses, they ARE toys and we do deserve them ;)

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Welcome.
Dave (forgebear) is well known as a seller of quality tanks: Julie is the organised one..... :D There are also links to the clubs on his web page, so maybe see you in Grantham?
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

43rdRecceReg wrote:...and that's a pretty impressive Panther in the foreground, XS. 8O It appears much larger than 1/16 model; but in a child's eyes- its a Universe-sized must-have object of desire. :D
Yea, that's Warslug's lovely 1/6 Panther, truly a work of art but it also commands a price that one would only expect Sotheby's to ask. Told my son he can start saving for his own one day but for now be happy with the smaller Sherman he has. Besides, its much easier to carry around!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”