Max-U52's first car. . . . What's your ride?

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Y'all need to ease up!

Post by Jimster »

Speaking of Dodge Challengers, here’s ours. 2017 Scat Pack with the 6.4 Hemi. Puts a smile on my face everyday. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Jimster wrote:Puts a smile on my face everyday. Image
One of the most important features of any daily runaround!

Mick, then you missed the best time as the Chelsea Cruise lost its way when it just became swamped by idiots in Halfords Specials who couldn't custom build an Airfix kit! The best cars moved to Southend but it was over. Yes, l'm a whole couple of years older :) :)
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

"The most signficant difference between men and bosy is the price tag on their toys!" :haha: :haha: :haha:

Prove me wrong!
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
General Jumbo01

Eastern Front wrote:Love that Capri btw!
Thanks. Built and kept it for over 20yrs then lost it in a factory estate fire when it was having a wiring overhaul - surrounded by warehouses full of inflamables. Insurance was no help - all the original works race parts (mostly Cologne based) were no longer available to build another. On the up side, it got me back into bikes :)

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

General Jumbo01 wrote:As a general question, has anyone driven an electric or hybrid car? I had a Mitz Outlander 4WD plug in hybrid for a weekend and loved it. Did l buy it? No, it costs £7k to replace the batteries when they fail (all electrics are about the same) so affordable used models carry the risk!

Maybe hydrogen power is not too far off but in the mean time my 4 litre fuel injected V8 keeps a smile on my face and with solar panels on the home roof l feel reasonably carbon neutral.

Back in the early '70s l was the local police favourite with my highly road illegal Capri RS2600 works replica, built it while l was at design college so l had access to all the tools and a friend at Boreham RS helped. I NEVER paid to get into a race circuit, just drove up to the paddock entrance and got waved in!

Attended Chelsea Cruise every month Mick, made most of the mags and got to know most London and Kent magistrates :)Image

Nice Capri mate!

Mid-90s I had a 2.8i with a 4.2 V8 Range Rover lump dropped in, bumpers removed and a Tickford bodykit fitted and a Cosworth whaletale (picnic table) hanging off the rear - possibly the most fun car I ever owned :haha:
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
General Jumbo01

Sounds nice! And l bet it did sound nice too!! Yeah, all sadly missed.

Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Here's the original car thread

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=24737&p=234450#p234450

If you get a chance, Mick, take a look because something seems wrong. Will started the thread but the first post is from Carl and it's obviously not where it should be. It might even be from another thread. The real thread doesn't start till the third post where Norton shares his rides. And nice ones they are. And that's not Will's original post so there may be other stuff missing from before Norton's post. Anyway, You'll see what I mean.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Max-U52 wrote:Here's the original car thread

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=24737&p=234450#p234450

If you get a chance, Mick, take a look because something seems wrong. Will started the thread but the first post is from Carl and it's obviously not where it should be. It might even be from another thread. The real thread doesn't start till the third post where Norton shares his rides. And nice ones they are. And that's not Will's original post so there may be other stuff missing from before Norton's post. Anyway, You'll see what I mean.
It was me that started that thread, it was around the time you kept denying that you served in the civil war, I posted a picture of a very old car, then gave the thread the title. . . . Max-U52's first car. . . . This isn't that picture as I couldn't find the original, but this looks more fitting @)
Don't forget, some old soak caused me to lose my old posts. . . .
Oh, and in the original picture, the car had a sheep to power it, hence Carl's post about sheep sounds.
Attachments
Screenshot_20191004-011905.jpg
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
General Jumbo01

Sheep!! Find and repost that photo Mick

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ive been called a lot of things over the years........................but never an old soak !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Off topic”