RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
B_Man
Corporal

Re: RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019

Post by B_Man »

HERMAN BIX wrote: No, no we won’t.
That’s another rule God made when he invented the game.
It was done once, and the national shame was so intense that the NZRFU vowed never again !
You might want to have a chat to Steve Tew about that.

B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

jarndice wrote:Well at least the Americans are playing a Game that is played beyond their borders,
Who knows they might even get the hang of it one day :haha:
The USA is the sleeping giant of world rugby. It took them no time at all to become one of the top teams in 7s. Test rugby is a very different beast and doesn't have the lure of being an Olympic sport but if it ever gets traction over there they have the population to be very competitive.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Cracking first half by the boys in red :clap: hopefully keep it together in the second period, C'MON WALES 8)

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Phew, glad that's over :crazy: I was running out of nails to bite :haha: game of two halves but just held on for the win, well done Wales 8)

Cheers, Lee.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

After watching Ireland walking over Japan in the first half only to be outplayed in the second I was starting to suffer Deja Vu as Wales started off very positively against the Wallibies in the first half only to find that the Australians were just getting warmed up.
A brilliant game but too much like hard work for this old mans heart :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

I agree Shaun, too close but I didn't expect anything else from Australia, very happy with the first half but I would have been surprised if Australia came out after the break and played the same as the first half, good composure by the Welsh boys though not to panick under the pressure and get their noses over the line :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

Well played Wales. It was always going to be a hard slog for strugglers like the Wallabies against the 6 Nations champions and we certainly don't have the kicking game to counter those drop goals. There was almost an upset late in the game but not to be. We will just focus on trying to get through the pool stage now and see what happens.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

and thats why GOD invented this game !!
For me it was that the Boyo's had a supreme plan to begin the match, and they adapted much quicker to the reffs interpretations. I assume as they have more practice doing so in the 6-nations tournament.(god knows that must be an effort to cope with every weekend in the season)
There is a thing I shall state for the record...........................

FRENCH referee's should NEVER be allowed to adjudicate over matches involving such diametrically differing teams, they just cant cope.
The All Blacks have suffered under the same thing , the pace and collision is too much for them to process.
No more controlling match outcomes by setting the reff's IRB.....................just stop it. :-<

games done, result went to the right team, that is for sure, but to create such an environment that anyone can attach a result to the controversial interpretation of the match officials ruins the sport and cheapens the result.

Look out My Guys, Canada might get a reff with similar diminished mental capacity & create an upset.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

I had no major issues with the ref and I thought he did a reasonable job.The IRB can't make consistent decisions about the rules so how can we expect referees to? I'm not really sure what his nationality has to do with it either.
Ben Skeen in the TMO both was a different story though. The bloke has a chequered history in Super Rugby and loves nothing more than pulling up play to have something that happened five phases ago looked at in slow motion from ten different angles. It's not about you Ben, just let them play.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

This is a question I constantly ask of referees, umpires, match officials and adjudicators,
Who do the ticket paying fans in any sport come to watch , you or the Player/s ?
Any Sport is an entertainment and as such it should be allowed to flow at its natural pace not at the arbitrary pace of an over zealous official.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Off topic”