HL Truck Mods

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Re: HL Truck Mods

Post by jimbo_wa »

midlife306 wrote:Nice spot, looks almost too good to be true, I’ve ordered one anyway lol
Cheers
Wayne
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, too good to be true, I messaged them yesterday to see where it was (should have been delivered by the 17th) and they've refunded me fully:

'Dear buyer, I am sorry to bring you a bad buying experience. We are told that the products you ordered cannot be sent to you due to damaged transportation. We have already given you a full refund, you can do it in the next few days. Check your account for the day, thank you for your understanding, and wish you a happy day!'

Oh well...
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Ahhh, bastards, mine was due on the 17th but nowt’s arrived, strong letter of complaint to Amazon me thinks...
Cheers
Wayne

Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

midlife306 wrote:Ahhh, bastards, mine was due on the 17th but nowt’s arrived, strong letter of complaint to Amazon me thinks...
Cheers
Wayne

Make sure you guys raise proper complaints as these people are obviously operating as con artists. I get loads of it. So when an order my trucks I may order more than I want as I know this seems common place.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I picked up one of those, but I think I paid $43 for mine. Didn't have any problems, though, it arrived right on time and in good shape.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

It looks like I forgot to post this here. I posted it in unboxing but also wanted it here in the truck thread. This thread is getting pretty long, makes me wonder how it appears to someone seeing it for the very first time. You guys have made this thread a real success and you've posted tons of great truck info, so thanks to all that contributed. I've been having a ball with these cheap little trucks, and I've copied quite a few great ideas from right here in this thread.

Anyway, got a new truck. I'll try to get action video soon, and then we'll gut it and put some decent electronics in her, and detail the bejeebus out of her!! @) :/

phpBB [video]
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

OK, here's more on the Transporter 5. While I'm getting closer, I still can't edit video so it's just short clips.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

This is in line behind the tanker truck, and ten tons of other stuff, but I just got receivers so I'll get goin' on the tanker.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

New truck!

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

That's a cool little dude!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

I love those Land Rovers, they make great builds. :)

Here is my Mack M123 with dual winches coming along.
Fuel pods nicely hide a pair of 2s lipo's. I will use a seperate 2s for the winches, yes they do work with integrated gear reduction motors. NO not N20s lol, far more power than that. Videos to follow
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Update! Not much progress, but some. Tires are good and I think we have a winner for our next few drivers.

phpBB [video]

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”