AMX 50 120 surbaissé

Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: AMX 50 120 surbaissé

Post by Max-U52 »

MITCH wrote:... but abs is an easy to sand material ;D
Have you tried the acetone technique? I understand that smooths ABS to the point where you really don't have to sand it at all, or at least very little.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:
MITCH wrote:My 3d printer is an Anet A8 upgraded. It is a low cost machine... but abs is an easy to sand material ;D
Indeed, and I think I'm right in saying ABS a far better plastic than PLA.. and probably easier to bond.
Nonetheless, your finishing is still exemplary :thumbup:
PLA also wet sands easily, and anything that will bond ordinary styrene kits will work on it.
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

Thank you for your comments! The double differential gearbox is soon ready:

The operating silence seems to be good, however, the format does not make it compatible with all tanks ... :crazy:
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

No spectacular progress on the amx, and the containment has 2 effects: a positive, I manage to free myself some free time to tinker on my project, and another less positive, I can't go to my friend Didier's to work on my aluminum parts ...
I had ordered aluminum rounds to machine the wheels of the amx and an aluminum tube of diameter 130 in thickness 5 mm to have a perfectly round part for the turret rotation:

For the wheels, I will have to wait ...

For the turret rotation, I redid the underside of the base to have a tight fitting of the aluminum tube, and I reduced the hole on the upper chassis to best adjust to the aluminum tube:

I also added the support bearings for the rotation of the turret:

And finally, I put in place the bolts I ordered, metal for some and resin for others:

That's it for the moment :wave:
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Very impressive work sir! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

I advanced in the rotation function of the turret, the centering of the aluminum ring is done by 4 ball bearings, and the turret rests on 5 other bearings, that should shelter me from the hard points in the rotation, and I planned a hole in the center for the future rotary connector:

I lobotomized a mini servo (we'll see if it's reliable ...) and printed in PETG the mechanical part (pinions) and in ABS the support to be able to stick it with ABS juice in the base of the turret.
I reworked it a bit, but here is the video of the first test this morning:

[flash width=425 height=350 loop=true]http://www.youtube.com/v/tWH2rLfPIik[/flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWH2rLf ... e=youtu.be

I am particularly happy because it is the first animated piece of my AMX !!! :P
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Excellent job very impressive beast :thumbup:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Your thread is full of pleasant surprises, excellent photos (what camera do you use?), and eye-catching details. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

oh I like those ball bearing rollers for the turret rotation. I got to have these on my next heavy build.
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Your thread is full of pleasant surprises, excellent photos (what camera do you use?), and eye-catching details. :thumbup:
Hello, my camera is my phone, a Samsung A50.

Return to “Modern Builds”