Need a answer

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Need a answer

Post by Max-U52 »

Roy, if you checked the link he gave it's a BB tank. They seem to play that down, and it doesn't say airsoft anywhere I could find, but they do say BB tank.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Chrizh, that plug is the trigger switch, and goes on the two left-most pins next to the three pin plug for the volume control. I know, that plug is made for a five pin plug, but you just use the two pins closest to the three pin from the volume control. I have some special plugs that Erik sent me, PM your address and I'll send you one. It has a five pin on one end for the MFU and a two pin with a short wire and your two pin plug will plug in there. As for the other end of the wire and where it goes, it eventually gets to the trigger switch on the back of the airsoft unit.

You probably don't have track recoil or cannon sound when you fire it, right?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:Roy, if you checked the link he gave it's a BB tank. They seem to play that down, and it doesn't say airsoft anywhere I could find, but they do say BB tank.
:D I didn't click on the Nitrotek link, Gary, as it's the equivalent of touching a retail leper- in RCTW terms ;) But yes, I twigged that the wiring issue came from the 360 slip ring it has on board, and not the BB unit.
This model could only have track recoil not barrel recoil, as AIrsoft Barrel recoil only appears on the Tiger, as I stated.
No doubt Shaun will chime in with timely reminder to newbies to say why (and how) they come to be interested in Apples, before raiding the orchard. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

And hey, Highlander, I also put the airsoft Barrel recoil on my Tiger 1 early, but I use the plastic turret. Once they're painted I can't tell the difference anyway but that metal turret will definitely make itself known when the plastic upper hull starts to give way. I noticed that they added a special brace in the king tigers for just that reason.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:Chrizh, that plug is the trigger switch, and goes on the two left-most pins next to the three pin plug for the volume control. I know, that plug is made for a five pin plug, but you just use the two pins closest to the three pin from the volume control. I have some special plugs that Erik sent me, PM your address and I'll send you one. It has a five pin on one end for the MFU and a two pin with a short wire and your two pin plug will plug in there. As for the other end of the wire and where it goes, it eventually gets to the trigger switch on the back of the airsoft unit.

If you look at 'Step 6' of the Airsoft wiring for 360 deg turret I posted, Gary, and Chrizh, you'll see that the white/orange connector goes into the 5 pin terminal on the Motherboard. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:And hey, Highlander, I also put the airsoft Barrel recoil on my Tiger 1 early, but I use the plastic turret. Once they're painted I can't tell the difference anyway but that metal turret will definitely make itself known when the plastic upper hull starts to give way. I noticed that they added a special brace in the king tigers for just that reason.
Hi, Gary. Yes, well I bonded a whole sheet of 1.5mm plasticard to the roof of the upper hull to give it extra strength. It was tiresome task cutting out all the holes, and required some precise cuts... but the extra layer has certainly beefed it up a bit. :thumbup: The Tiger sag is a thing of the past. :thumbup:
Pssss... :shh: I also have a Tamiya Tiger full-option kit lurking in my 'To do' room. (Formerly a bedroom :/ ) :D
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:
If you look at 'Step 6' of the Airsoft wiring for 360 deg turret I posted, Gary, and Chrizh, you'll see that the white/orange connector goes into the 5 pin terminal on the Motherboard. :thumbup:
Right, you put the two pin plug on the two left-most pins in the five pin socket, or he PMs me and I'll send one of these. It plugs securely into the five pin, and it's a lot easier to connect the two pin to the little socket, instead of jamming it into the five pin.

Ragnar
Corporal

Post by Ragnar »

Max-U52 wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:
Right, you put the two pin plug on the two left-most pins in the five pin socket, or he PMs me and I'll send one of these. It plugs securely into the five pin, and it's a lot easier to connect the two pin to the little socket, instead of jamming it into the five pin.

43rd RR
It would be great if you’d post a picture of the inside of the upper hull you reinforced the next time you chance to open it up , like to see how you made your cuts and fitted the plastic sheet.

Larry
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Taigen Tiger 1 Mid Metal edition
Chrizh
Recruit

Post by Chrizh »

Thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated and very informative. I see now as well, there is a difference between barrel and track recoil which I wasn't quite aware of at first.

I will go introduce myself!
Max-U52 wrote:Chrizh, that plug is the trigger switch, and goes on the two left-most pins next to the three pin plug for the volume control. I know, that plug is made for a five pin plug, but you just use the two pins closest to the three pin from the volume control. I have some special plugs that Erik sent me, PM your address and I'll send you one. It has a five pin on one end for the MFU and a two pin with a short wire and your two pin plug will plug in there. As for the other end of the wire and where it goes, it eventually gets to the trigger switch on the back of the airsoft unit.

That would be great! Thanks. However, I'm getting a weird error trying to PM you!
20190919_052853.jpg
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I just sent you a PM so hopefully you'll be able to reply.

Return to “General Questions”