Need a answer

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Ragnar
Corporal

Need a answer

Post by Ragnar »

found a broken wire though it seemed to make no difference as to the running of my Taigen Tiger one mid, have resodered it still with no difference that I can tell.
Can Anyone tell me if they recognize this small plug with the red & black wires and it’s for?
Attachments
11016C47-DEA1-4D68-ABAD-CE1E542CD4D2.jpeg
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Taigen Tiger 1 Mid Metal edition
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Re: Need a answer

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

I had the same issues. I thought that wire was for the barrel recoil?
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Ragnar
Corporal

Post by Ragnar »

It very well may be as i’m having issues with barrel recoil not working. Was actually hoping this would have solve the problem but will need to remove the turret and recheck the actuating wire and the servo as it’s still not working.
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

That connector supplies power to the airsoft recoil unit from the main switch. It should look like this:
Taigen Tiger 1- early production- with barrel recoil fitted
Taigen Tiger 1- early production- with barrel recoil fitted
This is actually an early production Taigen Tiger 1, to which I added the accessory metal turret with servo barrel recoil (normally fitted only to their mid-production models).
There should be an adaptive harness (from the switch and battery) which plugs into the motherboard main power socket, a strand of which then links to the red/black plug from the airsoft gun. Without it, the barrel recoil won't work, as it won't have a source of juice.
Hope this helps.
Try not to be distracted by the fact that the board here is an IBU2-
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I should have mentioned that the Taigen turret fitted with the Airsoft Barrel Recoil System is now also available for Early production models. When I had an interest in it, it was only available for mid-production models.
This is the metal turret version:
https://www.taigentanks.com/taigen-part ... /tag120702
In retrospect, I would have bought the plastic version with ABRS, as the metal one is far too heavy for the plastic upper hull, in my opinion. Furthermore, adapting the plastic turret is much easier than faffing with the metal one.
Wiring instructions were provided with the kit. I have them somewhere. :think:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I see you have the mid-production model there with the latest V3 control system. Your tank should have the revised switch wiring that connects to the plug that's puzzling you.
Here's a snippet from the install sheet for the Airsoft Servo Barrel Recoil turret. This is illustrated with an earlier motherboard, but the same connection principles apply (click on pic to enlarge it):
Taigen Airsoft Servo Barrel Recoil wiring
Taigen Airsoft Servo Barrel Recoil wiring

Well, there's an answer for you- I just hope it's the right one. :D
Ragnar
Corporal

Post by Ragnar »

Thx 43rd RR for the clarification. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Hopefully I will finally get this squared away and like you I’ve noticed the weakness in the upper hull ,the front portion under the main gun flex’s somewhat.
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Chrizh
Recruit

Post by Chrizh »

Hi guys first post, hope this is ok to ask here as I think I have the same/similar problem. In a nutshell, when I first removed the top half to gain access, I placed it to one side with the cables connected still. Anyway it fell away and tugged one of the wires out. I looked for a few minutes trying to find where it plugged back in but couldn't see where. The model I have is the Panzer IV I bought from Nitrotek.

https://www.nitrotek.co.uk/taigen-hand- ... 24ghz.html

I ran it with it unplugged anyway and it seemed ok however I think I should have recoil but it doesn't work at moment, and I'm wondering if it's that wire/plug?

Connection Box:
20190918_002741_resized_1.jpg
Plug:
20190918_201340.jpg
View From Underside of Top Section:
20190918_201359.jpg
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Chrizh wrote:Hi guys first post, hope this is ok to ask here as I think I have the same/similar problem. In a nutshell, when I first removed the top half to gain access, I placed it to one side with the cables connected still. Anyway it fell away and tugged one of the wires out. I looked for a few minutes trying to find where it plugged back in but couldn't see where. The model I have is the Panzer IV I bought from Nitrotek.

https://www.nitrotek.co.uk/taigen-hand- ... 24ghz.html

I ran it with it unplugged anyway and it seemed ok however I think I should have recoil but it doesn't work at moment, and I'm wondering if it's that wire/plug?

Connection Box:
The attachment 20190918_002741_resized_1.jpg is no longer available
Plug:
The attachment 20190918_201340.jpg is no longer available
View From Underside of Top Section:
The attachment 20190918_201359.jpg is no longer available
I presume that your Taigen Panzer IV is an IR model, and not Airsoft, and so it won't have the same wiring connectors as those mentioned above. Barrel recoil on Airsoft models is unique to Taigen's Tiger 1, and doesn't appear (yet) on any other tanks. IR tanks do, however, have a recoil module, and later ones offer the 360 deg turret rotation feature (via slip ring adaptor)
Now that white/orange connector comes from the 360 deg slip ring, and should connect to the 8 pin daughter board, (Hull connector) or possibly the 5 pin connector on the MFU. I forget which precisely.
Wiring diagrams can be found at this site (scroll down for the wiring diags.):
https://www.taigentanks.com/taigen-user-manuals/
Taigen slip ring wiring for 360 deg turrets
Taigen slip ring wiring for 360 deg turrets
For this pic below, click to ENLARGE it. :)
I only have the wiring for the Airsoft slip ring, but it's almost the same for the IR version you have.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Chrizh, your tank does not have barrel recoil. Now before Shaun yells at you go to the "Introduce Yourself" board and make a little post. Just the essentials is cool, where are you, what tanks do you already have, and anything else you want to ad. There's a lot of great guys here and a lot of great info, so you should find someone with the same tank that may be able to help. And welcome aboard.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “General Questions”