Panda Hobby Panzer 38(T)

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
B_Man
Corporal

Re: Panda Hobby Panzer 38(T)

Post by B_Man »

I'm looking forward to following this build. I have always been interested in doing one myself but I left my run a bit late and both Clark and 35rctank.com have long sine stopped production of the conversion kits. It's a shame because the base kits are pretty cheap at the moment.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

B_Man wrote:I'm looking forward to following this build. I have always been interested in doing one myself but I left my run a bit late and both Clark and 35rctank.com have long sine stopped production of the conversion kits. It's a shame because the base kits are pretty cheap at the moment.
Have you contacted them? Nearly everything on their Web site is listed as out of stock. I seem to recall it was the same when I was looking to purch. I emailed them and they notified me some months later.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Correct they didn't have it in stock. If you read my build thread it took several weeks for them to make it and ship to me.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Neither has stock nor plan to produce. I have the 38(t) kit & was in contact just last week with S.K. & he only plans to run the Pz II Luchs again. Re future kits, he plans to develop one for the pending Classy Hobby M5A1 once he gets his hands on a kit & very interested in doing another for the new Takom Pz I.

If you need Spade Ace track sets, I've only found them from several dealers on Taobao. Price is around $30 at current exchange.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

That's a shame. I wonder if he received enough request to make it worthwhile, he would reconsider. I am pretty sure that is what happened with me.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

I have made a start on the surgery. With some trepidation and a fine toothed razor saw, I have cut down the suspension units.
IMG_20190911_111003.jpg
IMG_20190911_111003.jpg (80.47 KiB) Viewed 3124 times
I now have to play jigsaw puzzles with the spring and rubber strips, and hopefully end up with 4 matching units
IMG_20190911_111137.jpg
Richard
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:Neither has stock nor plan to produce. I have the 38(t) kit & was in contact just last week with S.K. & he only plans to run the Pz II Luchs again. Re future kits, he plans to develop one for the pending Classy Hobby M5A1 once he gets his hands on a kit & very interested in doing another for the new Takom Pz I.

If you need Spade Ace track sets, I've only found them from several dealers on Taobao. Price is around $30 at current exchange.
Do you have a link for tracks?
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Richard remember you need to use a strong glue for this step since the kit pieces are thin and the leaf springs will be under tension and are encapsulated in that small section. :thumbup:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

c.rainford73 wrote:Richard remember you need to use a strong glue for this step since the kit pieces are thin and the leaf springs will be under tension and are encapsulated in that small section. :thumbup:
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, by the time I read this, the deed was already done! I used Revell Contacta. It appear to have effectively welded the 2 halves together. I ran it around the parts that would touch and clamped the assembly in a vice for some time to allow it to cure fully. I hope this will be enough.
Richard
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Looking at the instructions from the conversion kit, they are quite a number of instances of plastic running on plastic. They indicate that these places should oiled. Mineral oil on plastic does not seem a very good idea. I have thought of silicone oil. I have a selection of silicone oil for the shock aborbers on my model cars. Advice would be appreciated.
Richard

Return to “Other Builds”