Heng long Leopard 2a6 wheatered

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
seb4
Private

Heng long Leopard 2a6 wheatered

Post by seb4 »

The Leo is weathered with diluted clay, Humbrol brown and Valejo pigments.

Next will be self built antennas and The Dutch Army camo stripes which are typical of the Dutch Army:

mikesnail
Recruit

Re: Heng long Leopard 2a6 wheatered

Post by mikesnail »

Great work! That looks really nice.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Some nicely posed pix, Seb!. Your Leo is a real mudlark. :) I guess there must be some sort of quarry near your home, that permits you to indulge in extreme ritual tank abuse :D
However, apart from the Tank torture, you have also found the time to add some good looking weathering :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Beautiful job on creating a very realistic looking tank. Those great photos make it appear to be the real thing!
What electronics are you running?
seb4
Private

Post by seb4 »

mikesnail wrote:Great work! That looks really nice.
Thanks Mike!
seb4
Private

Post by seb4 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Some nicely posed pix, Seb!. Your Leo is a real mudlark. :) I guess there must be some sort of quarry near your home, that permits you to indulge in extreme ritual tank abuse :D
However, apart from the Tank torture, you have also found the time to add some good looking weathering :thumbup:
Thanks for viewing and commenting! Still a newbie and always going for extremes. I do run it in conditions I ought not to. :S

Now my Heng Long plastic gearbox has been broken, the Taigen v2 3:1 gearbox was a dud when I bought it, too much friction between the gear wheels and the drive shafts being loose. Now puzzling to get the taigen gearwheels on the Heng Long casing. Or better, maybe Mathias from https://heng-long-panzer.de will be so kind to send new taigen gearwheels.

I will make a new tread about it.
seb4
Private

Post by seb4 »

Jimster wrote:Beautiful job on creating a very realistic looking tank. Those great photos make it appear to be the real thing!
What electronics are you running?
Thank you very much Jimster!

I am running the standard rx18 which came with the tank, It is a bit of pain to steer and drive , so I want either the Taigen-V3
https://heng-long-panzer.de/en/Taigen-V ... ction.html

or the Clark TK40 https://heng-long-panzer.de/en/Clark-TK ... Board.html

I am completely illiterate when it comes to electronics and only want a board which makes steering and driving easier, which is easy to install, without all sorts of adaptions. I really am not up to that level, nor do I aspire to. Also I do not IR battling.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Slow response to this old thread but your awesome photos inspired me to finally order the Taigen metal edition tonight. It will be my second tank. I have the early stages of addiction!
seb4
Private

Post by seb4 »

Jimster wrote:Slow response to this old thread but your awesome photos inspired me to finally order the Taigen metal edition tonight. It will be my second tank. I have the early stages of addiction!
Thanks for viewing and have fun with your Taigen Leo!

Return to “Show Off”