Luchs RC Conversion Kit

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Luchs RC Conversion Kit

Post by silversurfer1947 »

If anyone fancies building a Classy Hobby 1/16 Luchs kit (Item no: MC16001) Panzer Pzkpfw II Luchs, I was notified today that 35rctanks.com have a few conversion kits available.
http://www.35rctank.com/html/k17.html

They can be contacted on sales@35rctank.com
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Re: Luchs RC Conversion Kit

Post by SoCalBobS »

Bump.

I have a 35rc conversion kit for the Classy Hobby PzKpfw II, L Luchs kit enroute as of Sept 17, 2021. I also have an awaiting Luchs. A couple of months ago I'd asked S.K. the owner if he had any kits in stock. He said no but that he would be making more in a few months and put my name on a list. (NOT a reservation, only a notification list.) Last week I got a notification but by the time I responded (six hours), he'd sold them all! He said he would make some more in a month or so to meet demand.

However, he remembered my name and when a cancellation occurred, he sold me one.

Takeaway? First, the seller seems sincere and conscientious. Second, he produces according to demand. Conclusion? If you want a particular kit not in stock, let him know! In 1/16 scale, he has kits for the M5 Stuart, the Luchs, and used to have one for the 38(T)

I'll post occasionally here as I peruse and progress, or if folks have questions.
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Thanks for letting us know Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

In anticipation of commencing this project, I have a question for the community. Was the Panzer II L "Luchs" ever painted grey? Or even the really late war greenish grey? The common scheme appears to be brown/green/yellow, or green over yellow, but I see occasional images online of grey ones. I have a bunch of dunkelgelb tanks, but few grey. Thanks!
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

SoCalBobS wrote:In anticipation of commencing this project, I have a question for the community. Was the Panzer II L "Luchs" ever painted grey?
Hi,
PzKpfw II version L "Luchs" went into series production in September 1942.
Dark grey RAL 7021 was replaced by dark yellow RAL 7028 in February 1943.
So there is an overlap of 5 months where the Luchs would theoretically have been possible in grey.
But there are no pictures showing the Luchs in grey ground colour.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Is there one for the Stuart?
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Derek
Too many project builds to list...
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

Jhamm, thanks for the timeline info! Some modeling companies have shown grey schemes, but one never knows how much research they put into it.

Exhibitedbrute, the Stuart kit goes in and out of stock. I recommend you 1) look at his assembly manual, and 2) if it looks doable for you, email him to put yourself on his notification list.
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

moved to PzKpfw II L 35rctanks conversion construction
Last edited by SoCalBobS on Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

moved.

Return to “Hobby News”