Lert's Mad Max WPL

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Lert
Sergeant

Lert's Mad Max WPL

Post by Lert »

I have a WPL B16 6x6 that I've been wondering what to do with. Well, a few days ago I was watching Fury Road for like the 7th time, and inspiration struck me ...

Here's what I have so far:

I cut off the fenders and steps, cut a hole in the hood, cut a hole in the back wall, cut off the exhausts, modified them slightly and glued them to the sides, cut a hole in the roof and glued a Pz IV cupola in ...

Will keep this thread updated as I work.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
Lert
Sergeant

Re: Lert's Mad Max WPL

Post by Lert »

Far from finished ... Need more thin plastic rod.

JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Very nice apocalyptic version of this truck. Following along
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

c.rainford73 wrote:Very nice apocalyptic version of this truck.
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. :D

Did some more work.

My apologies for the bad pictures.

Still need to figure out what to do with the bed, but I've got some ideas. Still need to figure out what to do with the very front as well.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Such a cool idea :thumbup:

Looking good so far :clap:

How about a big raised platform/box in the back (hide any electronics), with a turntable on top, and have a man in a chair with a big harpoon gun, or Gatling gun that shoots arrows.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Such a cool idea :thumbup:

Looking good so far :clap:
Thanks, thanks.
Son of a gun-ner wrote:How about a big raised platform/box in the back (hide any electronics), with a turntable on top, and have a man in a chair with a big harpoon gun, or Gatling gun that shoots arrows.
That's certainly an idea, but I'm limited to the materials and spare bits I have. I'll keep it in mind though, maybe I'll do something with it. I'll likely keep the electronics and mechanics standard, though. Am going to do this on the cheap.
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

Some more work done. I think the cab is about finished so I primed it in primer red, should be a good base for lots of rust and weathering effects.

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Jumping onto Micks idea.... any chance a spare tank turret is laying around that you could fit onto a plasticard raised platform or deck? Maybe a panzer III style :wave:
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

c.rainford73 wrote:any chance a spare tank turret is laying around that you could fit onto a plasticard raised platform or deck?
I have a Pz IV turret that I lifted the cupola from. It's too large, though. Just looks wrong. Plus, it's lacking a cupola. :D

Maybe if I had like a spare 20mm or 37mm gun + breech lying around I could fit it, but I don't and I don't want to spend that kind of money on a Mad Max build - ... Unless someone has one spare for cheap.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Lert could you cobble one from a military toy something inexpensive? I'm sure you could add some details and paint and it would look the part

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”