Supplier of RC capable model kits 1/16

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Supplier of RC capable model kits 1/16

Post by jarndice »

Sascha, Hi, You have listed a 1/16 scale Truck and a 1/14 scale Truck and a 1/14 scale trailer and a 1/20 scale trailer.1/14 scale is the what Tamiya use for their Trucks and Trailers,
They are rc and very well detailed BUT they are expensive,
I suggest you click on Forum and scroll down to RC Cars, Trucks and read what other members have done,
When it comes to 1/16 scale Tank Transporter Trailers most members buy TWO Bruder Trailers and make a working Tank Transporter trailer from them.
The Chinese Trucks are cheap but not very strong. Go to
http://www.banggood.com
For more details on all the 1/16 scale Chinese built trucks.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Sascha
Recruit

Post by Sascha »

Hey Jumbo. Sounds amazing. You're my man. :P I think I start with the Tamiya Grand Hauler Truck. I will order that model within next days and start with building in the smoke generator and if the model doesent has sound also an sound modul. After that I will paint it. ;) Than we come to the trailer part after that. ;) My question. Is there any cheap radio control panel which one you can recommend me? I need for controlling the truck, smoke generator (if needed and not automatically controlled during gas), electric coupling on the truck and for the trailer supports and ramps.
Sascha
Recruit

Post by Sascha »

jarndice wrote:
Sascha, Hi, You have listed a 1/16 scale Truck and a 1/14 scale Truck and a 1/14 scale trailer and a 1/20 scale trailer.1/14 scale is the what Tamiya use for their Trucks and Trailers,
They are rc and very well detailed BUT they are expensive,

Is my offer for Tamiya I found not cheap for 329 EUR? other sell them for over 400 EUR.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

In general, there are lots of companies that make parts for Tamiya kits and are generally far cheaper. The Tamiya MFU is typically around 350 quid but G.T.Power make them for around 35 quid!! The ramp and leg lifter you showed totals about £250 yet and pair of good micro servos with adjustable linkages cos.ts about £14!!

It's your choice but most model makers prefer to build their own solutions
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Sascha
Recruit

Post by Sascha »

I have found that one:

https://m.banggood.com/Fayee-FY004A-116 ... kid=262914

Is it easy to customize?

And as MFU I think u mean that one:

https://m.banggood.com/de/Flysky-FS-T6- ... gIyNPD_BwE
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Sascha an MFU is a Motherboard/Control Board it is the heart of the Tanks Radio Control and is to be found in the bottom of the Tank in the hull,
What you highlighted was a Radio Transmitter,
RTR (Ready to Run) Tanks come with a Motherboard already fitted but there are some very good after market MFUs for sale such as the IBU 2/3, The CLARK TK 22/40 etc , The Elmod series and a number of others,
They will all need a Radio Transmitter as well as a Radio Receiver to make them work whereas the RTR Tanks come with the Transmitter as part of the package.
Lots of us take out the MFU in the RTR Tanks and fit a replacement like the ones I listed.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01

Multi Functional Unit - receiver/sounds/esc/etc all in one box. Tamiya do the same for their trucks.

Re radio gear, the SkyFly FXi6 or i6x are both very good, configurable 6/10 channel transmitters. They come alone or paired with various receivers. Great value.
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Check this out, nice & cheap!!!
jimbo_wa wrote:Been looking at the JJRC Q64 since it came out and have finally ordered it off Amazon, it's the cheapest I've ever seen it - £17.40 + £5 Delivery https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MT8LXHW/

Once it arrives, (and as long as it's what it says it is!) I'll be attempting to create the MAN HX58 6x6 Unit Support Tanker(UST) to go with my Challenger 2...

Will look at potential upgrades as and when necessary. :haha:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
General Jumbo01

I have one of those and the electronics are better than usual but you'll probably want to upgrade them so you can add sound etc. I seem to recall the steering servo is ok. The good news is that there is plenty of space in the cab for speakers, sound cards and ESC etc. Thats a good price too.
Sascha
Recruit

Post by Sascha »

Yes. That truck is nice and really cheap. But I can't find any upgrade kits for that truck. For the Ural B36 I can find a lot. But when I add up all kits together I is more expensive as the tamiya truck model (Globe Liner or Grand Hauler). Maybe for beginning and as newbie its better for me to start with that. What is your opinion?
Last edited by Sascha on Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”