HOWZZATT

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
jarndice
Colonel

HOWZZATT

Post by jarndice »

HOWZZATT !!!
And anyone whoever doubted that God is an Englishman only had to watch the last ten minutes of the England, New Zealand Cricket match for proof.
And the biggest winner of the whole competition was Sportsmanship both on the pitch and in the stands. :thumbup: :clap: :clap:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: HOWZZATT

Post by HERMAN BIX »

What an epic script that was !!!
Does a lot for the game.
Well done you jokers, shame about the rugby though !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Cricket's not really my thing, Shaun, but did see some edited highlights and was wowed by the unprecedented speed and athleticism -for Cricket-of the contenders,-as well as the too-ing and fro-ing of the potential outcome. :D
Lately, and maybe others have caught the bug, but I find myself absolutely hooked on watching the Lycra Lads in the Tour De France (ITV 4 and elsewhere). With views from helicopters, motorbikes, drones and bikes, it's a visual feast. In fact, it's like going on a virtual tour of France and guest nations ( e.g the start in Yorkshire a few years back) from the comfort of the (ersatz) Lazy Boy. :) :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Oi! mr Jarndice
HowZAAAATTTTT !!!!
Edgebaston eh!
Who’d of thunk
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Only 251 runs, a mere trifle. . . . :'(
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Bad form today, Smith getting booed by some bad eggs when he came back out to bat after having his neck checked out.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I am with you there Mick,
Banter from the home crowd at the beginning is acceptable indeed when we are talking about the Ashes it is traditional but booing a player when he rejoin's the match after suffering an injury that just a few years ago killed Phillip Hughes is more than wrong it comes very close to being a hate crime,
I hope after a night of reflection the participants in this ugly occurrence decide to act in the spirit of the game ie Hard but fair as played by Gentlemen/Women.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Mark my words as a Kiwi, I care not who wins the Ashes, but enjoy the competition.
For me the real and undisputed winner of the Ashes is Steve Smith.
The loser of the Ashes is Dave Warner................hes such a goneburger.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Steve Smith annoys the bejesus out of me,
No not because he appears impossible to get out but for goodness sake will he please stop the mad jerks and jumps and faffing around between balls.
I used to watch tennis until the incessant groans and screams became fashionable,
I love cricket but if the best batsman in the World begins to be copied in his extraordinary mannerisms by other batsmen I may take a greater interest in synchronised swimming at the cost of watching cricket,
I have enjoyed this series of test matches because at least this time with the exception of some players (On both sides) the quality has made it very watchable,
I think Jofre Archers introduction has reminded Senior international Teams that a true fast bowler has been absent for too long,
He has certainly helped to bring in the spectators,
The overall standard has been very high and coupled to the back to back World Cup Series the true winner is cricket.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Now that it is over First a question, If the English TEAM could deliver such a good win in the last match where the h*ll was the TEAM in the others ?
And the second question , If Steve Smith (Hero) had not been put on the sick list thanks to Jofre Archer who outside of Australia would have ever have heard of Labuschagne ?
A player who was an unknown who is now a certainty to be picked for his Country for the foreseeable future,
And would people please stop saying Australia won the Ashes,
It was a draw which means Australia RETAIN the Ashes.
It makes a big difference to an Englishman :haha:
But a heartfelt Well done to an Australian side who came here under a cloud and are leaving with the respect that their efforts both on and off the field has been well deserved.

Return to “Off topic”