M1A1HA, 9/18/23 update. Delay of Game, two week penalty!

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: M1A1HA, 8-11 Update, Loader's Armored Gun Station (LAGS)

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Eastern Front wrote:I am thinking the Australian build Centurion, would love to see you do that.
Me three :D

As for the 1/6th Sherman, you shouldn't bother, it's not very good, but I'll do you a favour, I'll take it off your hands without charging you any rubbish collection fees. . . . :D
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Thanks Gents!

I like the idea of the Australian Centurion Mk5 as well and after seeing the amazing job Louis did on his well, that might just be the ticket. :thumbup:

We'll see 8)
Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

I have been busy for abit and just stopped past for a peek.....WOW! It will be great to see it finally painted.

If you decide to do the OZ Centurion I will keep an eye out for any on display locally.....I can think of 3 Leo1's on display but not any Centurions off hand, if I am going past I will stop by the National military vehicle museum up the other end of Adelaide....If I find one I will get some good pics for ya....

Cheers Bruce

Personally I want to see you do the M551!! I only just seen Tamiya had released it way to expensive for me....LOL I just spent a lot of $$$ on HO trains.... 8O 8O
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

HvyCgn9 wrote:I have been busy for abit and just stopped past for a peek.....WOW! It will be great to see it finally painted.

If you decide to do the OZ Centurion I will keep an eye out for any on display locally.....I can think of 3 Leo1's on display but not any Centurions off hand, if I am going past I will stop by the National military vehicle museum up the other end of Adelaide....If I find one I will get some good pics for ya....

Cheers Bruce

Personally I want to see you do the M551!! I only just seen Tamiya had released it way to expensive for me....LOL I just spent a lot of $$$ on HO trains.... 8O 8O
Hi Bruce,

I myself am getting a little anxious to get on with the painting! I am actually at a point that I have to paint some of the individual parts that need to be Desert Sand color before they can be attached.

It will be a Aussie Centurion so any photos that you have an opportunity to get will be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

As you saw the Sheridan is in work but I've put it away before Herman reports me to the "Orson", again. :haha:

I'm a life long HO model railroader and have lots of equipment that I had collected. I do not have a place for a layout so it's all been packed away for the last 20+ years. I used to work in a Hobby Shop that handled only model trains. I did custom painting and detailing mostly HO and O scale brass locomotives for customers for some 13 years.

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

do some practice painting first, then start with the small stuff!!

I just ordered a new airbrush compressor myself so I can paint 1/72 helicopters, and weather some of my rolling stock...

This time last year I had 1 old US loco and about 7 boxcars pinched from Dad that he wasn't ever going to use (his layout is OO British stock) since then via local swapmeets and ebay I have retired the old diesel (it was warn out from alot of running 35 years ago!!) and have 21 loco's (all diesels half Rio Grande, 1 US Army camo (Custom paint job off ebay,remarkably cheap) 2 Santa Fe FP45s cause they look tough! and 8 Union Pacific) plus about 100 freight cars of various types!! I may have gotten carried away....now just need to build a modular layout!!

I have to do some maintenance on my M1A1 shortly for summer, need a new main battery as it wont hold a charge. Also looking at getting a Clark board and running a 11.1v lipo and using a decent Tx on it.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

News,

I am still at it just a lot of little details that really did not warrant an update. I have now finished nearly all of the details for the Loader's Armored Gun Station the 7.62 M240 and the Loader's Thermal Weapon Scope.

I will post pics some time over the weekend!

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: M1A1HA, New Year Update, Working on the "small" details.

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Yes, yes you will or it’s another report to Orson .
Takes a while to get a reply, I may need to boost my signal !!!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

NANO NANO!
Leonardo Da Vinci
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Yes, yes you will or it’s another report to Orson .
Takes a while to get a reply, I may need to boost my signal !!!!
Herman,

I have to take a "mulligan" on the post that did not happen over the weekend. My better half, Mrs C was sick and being the dutiful husband I was attending to her needs. She has recovered and I will finish the work and get the pics posted in the next day or so.

Please do not report this to Orson! :haha:

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Sweet as mate, even you “alternative life forms” still have to tow the caring line when it comes to the females of your species!!

We’ve waited this long, a little more won’t hurt, it’s not a race after all
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Modern Builds”