Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Dasmikro (TBS Benedini clone)

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

wibblywobbly wrote:
Also, with the DasMikro, check that the memory isn't full to 100%, the DasMikro has a smaller memory than the Benedini, so not all of the Benedini files will fit on the DasMikro board.
I think this is not correct. The bigger benedini files are for the Benedini Mini (not the micro). The mini if I am not wrong, is able to play about 93 seconds of sound.

The newer mini V2, plays about 28 minutes, making it a very interesting board with a more reasonable price.
I have a original V2, I will do a review soon.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
cupra313
Recruit

Post by cupra313 »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
cupra313 wrote:guys,after owning my second dasmikro,first one burnt up...I want to ask you about sound quality...I ve read the whole thread but nobody mentions quality or sound problems. I have connected the board to a 6w amp and speakers,which were tested before playing music from my pc and they performed very well. Now,connected to the dasmikro i have a lot of hishing and maybe clipping or distortion. Is it because of the wires?the motor?the battery? Can i do anything about it or it's just the way it is?
Check the speaker impedance. I dont have the numbers in my head, but with some impedance it worked horrible, and with other it worked flawlessly.
I dont remember now if what you need is 8 ohms or 4 ohms speaker.

I found with the mini, it was CRITICAL and I am sure this is the problem you are experiencing.

EDIT: You need a 8ohm speaker. I had poor result with the 4ohms[/q

i am using an external amplifier with the dasmikro. All the dasmikro does,is sending the sound signal to the channel of the amplifier (audio input),then the amplifier drives the speakers.So, the speaker impedance is not directly related to the dasmikro. If i was connecting the speakers directly on the dasmikro i could see how the impedance could affect it,i dont think it is the problem in my case
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I've bought a Taigen Late version Tiger 1 off Ebay that needs some TLC, and ordered the clone. Once here I can hook up an old TK22 and have awesome sound plus all the tank controls. If this works out it will be a bargain all round. :wave:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

wibblywobbly wrote:I've bought a Taigen Late version Tiger 1 off Ebay that needs some TLC, and ordered the clone. Once here I can hook up an old TK22 and have awesome sound plus all the tank controls. If this works out it will be a bargain all round. :wave:
Some people are doing that for years.
Even stock Tamiya tank electronics plus the sounds and lights board, which is awesome, better sound, tons of light outputs, smoke and more, all in one.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I know they have, it was the cost of the Benedini that always stopped me. It's a shame that the TCB is no longer in production as the mini clone would have given it the sound system that it needed.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

wibblywobbly wrote:I know they have, it was the cost of the Benedini that always stopped me. It's a shame that the TCB is no longer in production as the mini clone would have given it the sound system that it needed.
It is indeed a real pity the TCB is no longer in production at this moment... But is even worse that the TCB soundboard is not produced.
I wrote a bit about it here:

https://radindustries.wordpress.com/201 ... soundcard/

The more people reads it, the better. You never know who can read it, and if it could make somebody produce them!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

You didn't hear this from me, but I heard a rumor that there's a major North American vendor looking very closely at the TCB. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw major name brand tanks coming out of the factory with a TCB for control boards within the next year or two.
Last edited by Max-U52 on Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
LukeZ
Lance Corporal

Post by LukeZ »

Be nice if this major North American vendor told me about it.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - read why
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Well it should be pretty obvious who the Major North American Vendor is, seeing as there is only one...Luke should drop him a line. :clap:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Actually, I heard it from an outside source and it is still just a rumor. I haven't done any investigation whatsoever but I'm hopeful. I probably shouldn't have said anything.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “Other electronics”