HL Truck Mods

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: HL Truck Mods

Post by Will01Capri »

Absolutely brilliant, a proper sorted deuce. I love it :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Later when the weather breaks I'll get some in action stuff.

At the beginning of the video I say the project started in Detroit, but that's not true. It started in the talented mind of my friend Martin (I guess now he's the Re Pat Tanker), and without his genius none of this would have ever happened.

phpBB [video]
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

And here's the final video. I hope you guys enjoyed the project, and if any of our U.S. members want to build one of these just let me know and we'll see what we can do.

phpBB [video]
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

So I'm still working on the WC-51 and the ambulance, and I just ordered the filament for the one ton trailers for me and Greg (and whoever else might want one) but I can't just have those two trucks going, we need more confusion. Therefore, I'm thinking about making this my next project

If I use the tires and rims from a CCKW, with the split dual rims in the rear, do you think I could paint it gray and pass it off as German? It would be really nice if I could figure out the enlarged rims and tires. Basically, I'd like to make both tire and rim exactly 15% larger, but keep the hex socket for the axle at the size it is. I'm not sharp enough, and Martin is rather busy, so is there anyone else that can make that modification? I just think the tires now look too small and toy-like, and just slightly more diameter would make a world of difference.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Did you look at the rims and tyres of the Diamond T? They are 65mm diameter.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I'm really glad you said that. I didn't know they were different size. I better go order some TPU. That should be just about perfect for what I have in mind. And he comes to the rescue once again. Thanks, T6.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

So are the tires on the trailers the same size as the tires on the cckw?
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Yes, they use a modified CCKW rim to suit a 2mm shaft but otherwise are the same.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Here's the next project, and as soon as I finish all tires and rims for this and the Q60 I'll start printing the one ton trailer.

phpBB [video]
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

More on the tanker

phpBB [video]

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”