What’s your opinions on,

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: What’s your opinions on,

Post by Max-U52 »

I agree with both you guys about the Tamiya tanks and how good they are, but the man said he wanted RTR.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Eastern It must have been some years since you had a Heng Long Tank,
They really have reached a similar standard to Taigen and the days of moulded on tools is now the exclusive property of Taigen Tanks and although Max says that removing them is easy,
To me it is an annoyance I could do without.
As to Max comment about the difficulty of removing a Heng Long Body from the Hull,
The Taigen quick release is a simple retrofit on Heng Longs Tiger 1.
I have a number of Taigen Tiger 1s and they are fair value for money but to say that the markedly cheaper Heng Long product is inferior to it is in my opinion mistaken.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
STHV
Lance Corporal

Post by STHV »

Eastern Front wrote:BTW,

A Tiger I was not my first tank..it was actually a Tiger II followed by a lot of Panthers!

Not sure where you were going on the Heng Long and Taigen comparison (Jarndice) I just know what I have seen, and I have a ton of Tanks, a lot of tanks,,did I say I have a lot of Tanks? I meant to say I have a lot of tanks, well maybe a few more than alot of Tanks.. Tamiyas make up the bulk, Hooben, a Henglong, a few Verlinden, Trumpeter, and 4 Bandai... I really need to count them all..

Cheers!
Which Hooben tanks do you have? and what are your opinions on them?
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf A mit Brückentafel (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus V2 (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)
VK 45.01 (H) (WIP)
Jimmer
Private

Post by Jimmer »

Been looking at the taigen tiger 1 early addition. There’s the plastic track with metal upgrades £179 or £229 with metal tracks. Looks really good( but what do I know). What’s a good shop to buy from as those were just online prices.
Last edited by Jimmer on Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Jimmer wrote:Been looking at the taigen tiger 1 early addition. There’s the plastic track with metal upgrades £179 or £229 with metal tracks. Looks really good( but what do I know).
If you can go a tad higher, make sure it has the metal reinforced hull with torsion suspension.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jimmer
Private

Post by Jimmer »

What ones that
Jimmer
Private

Post by Jimmer »

Hi which one is that,or what site is it on. Cheers for the help
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Jimmer wrote:Been looking at the taigen tiger 1 early addition. There’s the plastic track with metal upgrades £179 or £229 with metal tracks. Looks really good( but what do I know).
If you can go a tad higher, make sure it has the metal reinforced hull with torsion suspension.
If it's an imex/taigen it has the same hull for both plastic and metal, with adjustable track tension, torsion bar suspension and metal suspension arms. The difference in the lowers is tracks, sprockets, idlers and shoulder wheels. My first tank was a plastic edition tiger from imex and I was impressed with the torsion bars and metal lower reinforcement (once I learned enough to know what I was looking at). The metal edition has metal turret and hatches but the same plastic upper hull. Personally, I like the plastic turrets better for less weight and stress on the upper. Once they're painted you can't tell the difference anyway.

Over there I would check with Forgebear to be certain. Hope that helps.

:wave:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Oh, one learns something every day, I never realised their plastic versions still had torsion bar suspension.

As for plastic turrets on a plastic hull, you are totally right, I think the metal ones are too heavy, I have an all metal Tiger 1 turret, and it is a lot more weight on that thin wide hull.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jimmer
Private

Post by Jimmer »

How come it says Torro on the box but advised as Taigen in all these shops.
I’m going to go for a Taigen tiger 1 bb metal hull addition comes with torsion suspension and metal tracks, it only got 320 turret not the 360. The next version up is £150 more.

Return to “General Discussion”