Challenger 2 dklm metal hull

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
craig1983
Recruit

Challenger 2 dklm metal hull

Post by craig1983 »

Dklm metal challenger hull,
Has anyone ever bought the dklm metal hull for the challenger, I thinking of up grading I’ve got the dklm metal wheels and sprockets and there lastest metal tracks but wanting to go metal hull. There is a few reason why I want to upgrade.
The main questions before buying does it come fully built up and has anyone had any problems with them
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Re: Challenger 2 dklm metal hull

Post by Black Knight »

I have the DKLM metal hull for my Challenger 2. It came with the metal wheels, suspension arms and tracks ready fitted as well as the DKLM PDSGB.

Build quality is excellent and I think the PDSGB is needed in order to cope with the extra weight (mine now weighs over 15lbs!). I get no flex whatsoever with my current setup and there is additional room in the hull due to a lack of battery box (I run mine on a 3s lipo, TK60 controller, DKLM speaker and no smoker!).

What you don't get is a rear plate for the lower hull - you will need to move your plastic one over from your current hull. You will also need to do the mafnet conversion as there is no other way of affixing the upper and lower hulls together. I have mine set up with the Chobham additional armour (curently being swapped over to the Megatron kit) and I use the front glasis plate as a "hook" with magnets in just the rear of the hull.

You can request to have it without the metal running gear and simply transpose your current kit over.
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
craig1983
Recruit

Post by craig1983 »

I will order it complete,then there shouldn’t be no problems. Then just sell the bits I have to get a bit off money back. My tank is already on magnets so that’s not a problem. Mine is running tk80 on a 2s lipo
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

craig1983 wrote:I will order it complete,then there shouldn’t be no problems. Then just sell the bits I have to get a bit off money back. My tank is already on magnets so that’s not a problem. Mine is running tk80 on a 2s lipo
Cool! It runs much quieter/smoother than the standard setup. Which tracks do you have? I started off with the Heng long all metal tracks and had the DKLM ones (with rubber pads) with my hull - a huge improvement as they are smoother, quieter and lighter. The 3s lipo makes her fly :haha:
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
craig1983
Recruit

Post by craig1983 »

At the min I have the latest dklm ones with rubber pads really nice tracks am sure someone will grab them when I put them up for sale

Return to “General Questions”