Hello from near Seattle WA USA

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
tankgirlfuzzy
Recruit

Hello from near Seattle WA USA

Post by tankgirlfuzzy »

I came to this hobby in the most round about way. My dad and I built a German WWII side car together when I was 7, and I was hooked. Scale modeling of all kinds, but especially WWII in 1/35, then I stopped in early adulthood. Started collecting and then customizing 1/6 scale figures, and was heavily into that for the past almost 20 years. Built a few RC vehicles to go along with the soldiers, but no tanks. Then took a detour and got into RC flying, and was heavily into that for about 10 years. Of course it had to be WWII warbirds only. Along the way I bought a few RC 1/16 tanks but wasn't too impressed and sold them. Finally, I recently got back into 1/35 and decided I wanted to RC some small tanks. Hardest thing I've ever done. Problem is I'm overly ambitious and want to do at least four of them based on real Tigers in the 503rd. So now I'm taking a break and picked up a new HL Kingtiger and I'm finally here.

I mean, my name is Tank Girl, not Fly Girl or Doll Girl! :/

you can search my internet handle tankgirlfuzzy, lots of my projects on the net, whether figures or planes or an RC Schwimmwagen.

looking forward to pestering you all with lots of questions! :P
Tank Girl
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Hello from near Seattle WA USA

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Pleased to see that you finally made it, (And well done MAX and Jackalope)
I know you have been viewing the Forum for a little while so even though you might be a stranger to us for a while at least, it should not be too much like the first day in school for you. :/
Enjoy this place and do ask all the questions but with your experience we will be expecting a few answers from you in the future :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Welcome to the forum Tank Girl :wave:

Glad to see you finally got here :thumbup:

You have quite an impressive modelling background :thumbup:

Enjoy the forum, and the answers you seek.

Oh, and I'd love to see what you did inside your two 1/35th tigers, and what electronics and running gear you used. (I've seen your YouTube video of you running them together)

Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome!

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
mutt71
Lance Corporal

Post by mutt71 »

Welcome to the Board Tank Girl, from Clarksville, TN (just outside of Ft, Campbell KY)!
I know that you will enjoy this place and the people that make it what it is: GREAT!
I look forward to seeing your customs and posts here.
HL Snow Leopard Pershing PRO
HL Panzer III X2
HL Panther G
HL Stug IIIG PRO X2
HL Sherman PRO 105
HL Panzer IV
HL King Tiger PRO X2
1/16 DUKW Hull
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Very warmest welcome along from the Gold Coast of Australia out of New Zealand Ms Tankgirl.
I am anticipating some very high level examples of hobby excellence from experience I could only hope to gain myself one day.
Please feel encouraged to share pictures of your work with us when you can.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Introduce Yourself”