Hello from Surrey (Guildford/Haslemere)

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
mikesnail
Recruit

Hello from Surrey (Guildford/Haslemere)

Post by mikesnail »

Hey All,

Thought i'd say hello. I have a Heng Long T90 in the post - my first RC Tank. Not quite sure what I am getting myself into... probably hours of tinkering and painting!

I have done some RC planes/helicopters and loved that (though the cost of failure is a little too high ;)). My first experimentation will be to work out *if* its remotely possibly to hook up my dx6e tx to the tank, and what modifications will be required to make that happen.

Anyway, nice to meet you all! I am sure I will suck many of your brains over the coming weeks/months.

Mike
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Hello from Surrey (Guildford/Haslemere)

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mike :wave:

You've picked a particularly nice model to start off with. I have one in my collection.

As for your controller/transmitter, it's highly unlikely that it will work with any Heng Long tanks. They have a code all to themselves.

Anyway, enjoy the forum.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

As far as I'm aware, Only the latest Taigen electronic controllers allow you to use your own transmitter. HL controllers, up to and including the latest V.6.. all have proprietary Heng Long transmitters, as Mick has suggested.
Is this a brand new model?
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
mikesnail
Recruit

Post by mikesnail »

Thanks for the info guys - much appreciated. Its a new tank, and I having browsed this forum a bit I have seen some fantastic weathering effects done, so i look forward to trying my hand at that.
mutt71
Lance Corporal

Post by mutt71 »

Welcome to the Board Mike. I know that you will enjoy it here. There is soo much talent and experience here and everyone is willing to help out with whatever question(s), or issue you are wrestling with. I look forward to seeing the progress that you make with your first tank, the T-90!
HL Snow Leopard Pershing PRO
HL Panzer III X2
HL Panther G
HL Stug IIIG PRO X2
HL Sherman PRO 105
HL Panzer IV
HL King Tiger PRO X2
1/16 DUKW Hull
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Welcome along Mr Snail.
There are not too many T-90's on the go mate, so put all you can into it so we can live vicariously !!!

All H/L electronics(with the V6.0 being an unknown) need H/L transmitters, and as others have said, alternative control boards are out there, you just have to decide which you want.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Introduce Yourself”