July TOTM chat. And the winner is.

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

July TOTM chat. And the winner is.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Please feel free to chat about this months TOTM.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: July TOTM chat.

Oooh, we have our first entry :thumbup:

And it's a very nice looking British/Commonwealth Churchill, ya don't see many of those about these parts :D

Thank you MichaelC :thumbup:

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

And Sweet Jesus is it a nice one too .
Not being a fan of Allied tanks as I am, the Churchill just looks more chunky and capable than the others.
My favorite is the Firefly, but only with Churchill tracks draped all over it !!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

What a splendid entry MichaelC! Such a beautiful piece and I agree with Herman a very capable tank :thumbup:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

HERMAN BIX wrote:And Sweet Jesus is it a nice one too .
Not being a fan of Allied tanks as I am, the Churchill just looks more chunky and capable than the others.
My favorite is the Firefly, but only with Churchill tracks draped all over it !!!
I agree on the firefly!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

The Churchill could absorb a lot of punishment; and needed to, considering how slow it was. It was, like most Brit tanks somewhat under-gunned (until the Comet and Firefly came along, in 1944). Still, it could climb like no other tank. This meant it could attack those enemy positions other tanks couldn't reach ( A Heineken tank? :D )- It did so with commendable good effect in the Korean War.
Here's a vid of a beautifully restored Churchill climbing a test hill at Bovington.
phpBB [video]
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

An enviable possession, Michael, by the way. It's also an excellent product of teamwork :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

43rdRecceReg wrote:The Churchill could absorb a lot of punishment; and needed to, considering how slow it was. It was, like most Brit tanks somewhat under-gunned (until the Comet and Firefly came along, in 1944). Still, it could climb like no other tank. This meant it could attack those enemy positions other tanks couldn't reach ( A Heineken tank? :D )- It did so with commendable good effect in the Korean War.
Here's a vid of a beautifully restored Churchill climbing a test hill at Bovington.
phpBB [video]
Thanks guys....... Funny enough at our last meet, Dean had some of the roof vent painted as bunkers and the Churchill just climb right over it. So even the scale version is quite the climber.
metal-square-roof-vents-sydney-brisbane-melbourne.jpg
metal-square-roof-vents-sydney-brisbane-melbourne.jpg (9.6 KiB) Viewed 2790 times
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Mr dane61, thank you for your entry :thumbup:

Well, I think you are far too modest, that really is a very nice looking Tiger 1 :thumbup:

Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I’m waiting to finish some stuff off, i’m sure you don’t want my old stuff on again :)

Return to “Tank of the Month”