1946 Panther ~ Jnewboy Customs

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Jnewboy
Sergeant

1946 Panther ~ Jnewboy Customs

Post by Jnewboy »

Hello again, it has been a long time since I’ve posted anything. I’ve been very busy with the real world, it always gets in the way!

I have been contracted to build a super late panther and add a little bit of “what if” or “what might have been”. So it will have an element of fantasy based on the trajectory the panther was on at the end of the war. I’m not going to make it an E-series tank or go completely insane. I just want it to look very very used, upgraded, rebuilt, “Frankensteined”a bit from other tanks and I wanted it crewed by some very fanatical last surviving defenders. It will be a very fun build I hope I can do it justice.

Here is what I have so far.

ImageUntitled by jon newsom, on Flickr

Nothing to amazing yet, much much more to come! 8)
Last edited by Jnewboy on Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: 1946 Panther ~ Jnewboy Customs

Post by Ad Lav »

Like a panther II or and E50?
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I seem to be missing the pictures
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

Me too.... :wtf:
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Fixed it, sorry... :D :D
STHV
Lance Corporal

Post by STHV »

Could you give any more detail as to what you are going to turn this panther into?
I was expecting it to be an Ausf F considering that was the final version of the Panther
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf A mit Brückentafel (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus V2 (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)
VK 45.01 (H) (WIP)
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

STHV wrote:Could you give any more detail as to what you are going to turn this panther into?
I was expecting it to be an Ausf F considering that was the final version of the Panther
This won’t be an F. If the war had lasted into 1946 I don’t see the Germans being able to create the E-series using the F turret as the industrial capacity was shot. They could have had scrap yards that were constantly turning out a few tanks a day from tearing apart and rebuilding them from others that were battle damaged as they were doing at the end of the war. This will be a difficult model as it will require a lot of different painting techniques and finishing techniques. There are a few modelers out there that can do this but they are few and far between. Hopefully some of you guys can pick up some Painting techniques that you can use on your own stuff if need be.
STHV
Lance Corporal

Post by STHV »

Jnewboy wrote:
STHV wrote:Could you give any more detail as to what you are going to turn this panther into?
This won’t be an F. If the war had lasted into 1946 I don’t see the Germans being able to create the E-series using the F turret as the industrial capacity was shot. They could have had scrap yards that were constantly turning out a few tanks a day from tearing apart and rebuilding them from others that were battle damaged as they were doing at the end of the war. This will be a difficult model as it will require a lot of different painting techniques and finishing techniques. There are a few modelers out there that can do this but they are few and far between. Hopefully some of you guys can pick up some Painting techniques that you can use on your own stuff if need be.
The Panther F was not part of the E-series and several hulls and a very small number of turrets had been completed with many more in active production right up to the final days of the war, one Ausf F hull fitted with a G turret even saw action in the battle of Berlin
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf A mit Brückentafel (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus V2 (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)
VK 45.01 (H) (WIP)
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Looking forward to this one. You're a very talented builder and painter so I'd expect another example of a unique and impressive piece :thumbup:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

c.rainford73 wrote:Looking forward to this one. You're a very talented builder and painter so I'd expect another example of a unique and impressive piece :thumbup:
Thanks my friend!

Return to “Heng Long Builds”