Qysea Fifish v6 Underwater FPV 4K drone

This section is for all of you who want to talk about RC boats, warships etc.
dominicm
Lance Corporal

Qysea Fifish v6 Underwater FPV 4K drone

Post by dominicm »

Fantastic to get the FIFISH v6 Underwater Drone out for its first adventure. Baby steps are called for when it comes to learning about a new awesome piece of tech like this, so we visited the canal behind our house to see what was going on underneath the surface. I went fishing on this canal a few years ago with my kids before they left home for their University studies. I was amazed at how busy it was ! This is just a first adventure with this super cool underwater drone. We will be taking this on our travels and showing more of its features and capabilities.

The FIFISH is an unmanned underwater vehicle (UUV) dedicated to providing a truly professional underwater drone for film enthusiasts and sports maniacs alike in their ocean explorations and quests. It's video camera films at 4K 30FPS which is supported by a 4000 lumens light system. HD video is streamed to an App running on a smart phone/tablet connected via WIFI to the FIFISH smart controller. Maximum operating depth is 100 metres and maximum dive time is 4 hours.

phpBB [video]
4K resolution RC footage only on 'Essential RC' YouTube channel and Facebook page
http://www.youtube.com/c/EssentialRC
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Qysea Fifish v6 Underwater FPV 4K drone

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

A novel post. :D I imagine this drone would be quite handy for encountering supermarket trolleys. :)
Then again, I guess the police could use one for potentially gruesome searches... :shifty:
One potential downside would be getting the control cable snagged up on unseen objects. In a canal, that could be old bikes, prams, and the like. Elsewhere, it could be abandoned trawl netting, rocks, seaweed or even the rudder of a passing boat. A propeller snag would be even worse :think: ...
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
dominicm
Lance Corporal

Post by dominicm »

The risk of snagging is real. I am aware of that....but the view from the onboard cam and the fine control of the drone itself is so good that the pilot should be able to stay away from anything that may cause that.
4K resolution RC footage only on 'Essential RC' YouTube channel and Facebook page
http://www.youtube.com/c/EssentialRC
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

That would great for inspecting the hull or propulsion systems of vessels.

Return to “RC Boats / Ships”