King Kong RC M26 Wheels

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
ruben2005
Sergeant

Re: King Kong RC M26 Wheels

Post by ruben2005 »

:wave: hi i got a set for my tamiya leo and they fit great also got idler wheels and a few other bits overall there good parts :clap: :clap:
fetch me the kitty's lets go to war
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

ruben2005 wrote::wave: hi i got a set for my tamiya leo and they fit great also got idler wheels and a few other bits overall there good parts :clap: :clap:
Yea, they do look good. I certainly need to order a new set of bearings to fit the tapered shafts that came with the wheels. I would presume your Leo has the same configuration? Totally different than what I currently have from the Tamiya kit.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

The Pershing has new shoes. Next up, IMPACT's T81 track. 8)
IMG_3647.jpg
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:The Pershing has new shoes. Next up, IMPACT's T81 track. 8)
IMG_3647.jpg
It would almost seem an aesthetic crime to paint those wheels :D ; but Bling and camouflage are not ideal companions... :think:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I agree about it being a shame to paint them. Another good thing about build threads is having a photo album of all your added shiny brass details and metal upgrades etc.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Agreed, was thinking the exact same thing yesterday but they'll get eventually get primed & painted. Only concern I have over the set is the hub caps are held in place by magnets & quite easy to pull off given the screws behind are oval so has very little contact. I'll put a dab of silicone sealant behind each for a more secure attachment once painted.

Aside from that, am very impressed with these & highly recommended KKRC's parts. I only wish they offered a larger variety of aftermarket RC tank parts since I'd love to replace the wheels of my 2 T34s & M4A1 with product from these guys.

I bought on Taobao direct so with current exchange total including VAT total came to the equivalent of $133. As we say where I come from, you can't beat that with a stick. :D

Return to “General Questions”