Custom Built Panther "A"

Please post here if there is anything that you want to sell.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 13/03/2016
Please make sure you are up to date with this sections rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=25306
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Custom Built Panther "A"

Post by dgsselkirk »

Looking to finance a major project so some of my rare projects will be going up for sale over the next few weeks. Here is the first the rarest of the rare is up for sale. Of course better price off ebay... https://www.ebay.ca/itm/173931589405?ul_noapp=true

Here is the build on the forum:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13525
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: Custom Built Panther "A"

Post by Ad Lav »

:wtf:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

8O Hmm..I wonder whether Sothebys will ever include model tank rarities in their auction catalogue? :think: :D
Beautiful model, Dean. Bon Chance :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

43rdRecceReg wrote:8O Hmm..I wonder whether Sothebys will ever include model tank rarities in their auction catalogue? :think: :D
Thank you my friend, of course that is ebay pricing and don't expect to quite get that for it but always easier to come down than go up! LOL! And yes, I have seen some factory models of tanks from the war go through auction houses before believe it or not! LOL! I remember a Tiger model that was a presentation piece to some high ranking person who shall not be named, and it went north of 30,000 dollars in the 80's... :D
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

dgsselkirk wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:8O Hmm..I wonder whether Sothebys will ever include model tank rarities in their auction catalogue? :think: :D
Thank you my friend, of course that is ebay pricing and don't expect to quite get that for it but always easier to come down than go up! LOL! And yes, I have seen some factory models of tanks from the war go through auction houses before believe it or not! LOL! I remember a Tiger model that was a presentation piece to some high ranking person who shall not be named, and it went north of 30,000 dollars in the 80's... :D

That's very interesting Dean. Some years ago, I saw a documentary on the BBC about the German armaments build up before, and especially during, WW2. One clip showed Generals, and industrial bigwigs, looking with rapt attention at beautifully made scale models of the Panther and Tiger. I've often wondered what happened to those design-shop maquettes. :) Annoyingly, I've not been able to track the clip down since then.
I expect these models could command a fantastic price at auction. :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

43rdRecceReg wrote:
dgsselkirk wrote:

That's very interesting Dean. Some years ago, I saw a documentary on the BBC about the German armaments build up before, and especially during, WW2. One clip showed Generals, and industrial bigwigs, looking with rapt attention at beautifully made scale models of the Panther and Tiger. I've often wondered what happened to those design-shop maquettes. :) Annoyingly, I've not been able to track the clip down since then.
I expect these models could command a fantastic price at auction. :)
There’s also the remote control maus who’s pictures seems to pop up every so often

Return to “For Sale”