Panzer lV F2 Paint Scheme resources?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jumpugly
Private

Panzer lV F2 Paint Scheme resources?

Post by jumpugly »

Hi Gang:
It's been a while. I hope this message finds everyone well!
I am embarking on a new project involving a Heng Long Panzer IV F2 and am looking for a good resource for
paint scheme's (especially Winter). Online is always a quick, books are always useful, or some guidance towards
postings here! :)
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Best, Guy
Zed750Jay
Recruit

Re: Panzer lV F2 Paint Scheme resources?

Post by Zed750Jay »

Mine is supposed to be Normandy era camo. Used a sponge and dabbed green and brown in random lines. Got the idea from a photo I saw in a book a long time ago of a tank crew apply camo with a mop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jumpugly
Private

Post by jumpugly »

Zed!
Thanks so much for this pix. It's a tremendous scheme wonderfully applied!
You definitely nailed it! I may drop my Winter Camo after seeing your Panzer.
More to follow on all of this.
Best, Guy'
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

You can spend ages scanning this site forPzIV Camo options, and pick up other great ideas as well!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jumpugly
Private

Post by jumpugly »

HERMAN BIX wrote:You can spend ages scanning this site forPzIV Camo options, and pick up other great ideas as well!
Herman!
How nice to hear from you and I concur completely!!! As you can see below. :D
Best, Guy
jumpugly
Private

Post by jumpugly »

Eastern Front wrote:Jumpugly,

Winter camo is quite easy, first paint your summer camouflage, then get some of this https://www.walthers.com/colored-weathe ... each-pkg-8 they have the individual colors available, you want the white. Ok, mix some powder with some rubbing alcohol and use your airbrush to spray it on. Do one coat at a time and let it dry completely before moving on, if you don't you will apply too much! Ok, once dry and your satisfied that the white coverage is good take a paint brush (one that is very suple) and lightly brush some of the white away where the tank would normally wear from either the weather or from just abrasion type wearing. when you are satisfied with the appearance, get some clear matte paint and airbrush over it. This works really well, if you use too much powder you can brush it away when it dries (before you clear coat it) and recover the powder.
Nifty huh?
Cheers!
EasternFront!!!
Thanks so much for tips they are invaluable! Being a big fan of dry-brush I will do my best to go down the road you described especially as it relates to "weathering powders." I was seriously looking into a white overspray with a weathering follow-up and was seriously going to repost for pointers. But, you nailed it down for me! :D
many thanks, Guy
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

I love my imaginary camo scheme

My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
jumpugly
Private

Post by jumpugly »

Rad!
I love it! And the Shiu figures. :)
I am using Jeff's Panzer Commander with my build. My second time with that particular sculpt. Awesome work!
Thanks, Guy

Return to “General Questions”