Challenger 2 correct track tension

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Challenger 2 correct track tension

Post by Black Knight »

Hi all. What's the best way to get my track tension correct please? I have a DKLM full metal hull, sprocket & tracks driven by a DKLM PDSG box - the left track keeps throwing itsself. I am guessing this is caused by the track being too lose - what's the besst way to get the crrect tension? Should I just keep tightening thte track until it stops getting tthrown?
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Re: Challenger 2 correct track tension

Post by Black Knight »

I think I've solved this one! I noticed that the trachs ran pretty noisy when the chassis was suspended so I had a real good close look and noticedd that the DKLM sprockets didn't seem to mesh too well with the (DKLM) tracks !!! I swapped the sprockets and rings over for some Henglong metal ones which are about 1mm wider - so far they run quieter, smoother and no thrown tracks - time to do a full test on some rough ground to check in the next few days 8)
Docomar750
Private

Post by Docomar750 »

Hi

I know your pain I have he DKLM metal tracks and wheels for the Challenger 2, and found that the final drive wheel is to narrow so the track rides on top of the teeth, I found putting two thin metal washers in between the 2 half's of the final drive wheel works a treat and the track sits correctly I found this the best solution as you get to keep the benefit of the the track guides in the centre.

Darren
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

Thanks mate - I think I'll give that idea a go!

Return to “Modern Tanks”