Very late stug

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Very late stug

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

None of my models have gone beyond basic camo, so far, Tom. Certainly not as far as the matt clear coat. It might sound daft, but did you mask the tracks, and accessories off, or remove them, before spraying that coat, or did you sweep across the whole tank with the clear coat? :) Whatever you did; it still looks magic :thumbup: :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

43rdRecceReg wrote:None of my models have gone beyond basic camo, so far, Tom. Certainly not as far as the matt clear coat. It might sound daft, but did you mask the tracks, and accessories off, or remove them, before spraying that coat, or did you sweep across the whole tank with the clear coat? :) Whatever you did; it still looks magic :thumbup: :D
Hi Roy,

Tracks, wheels, sprockets etc and tools are removed for painting so are clear coated separately. Following Gary Farrow's recommendation I clear coat the tracks first, then wash and weather, then Matt clear coat and finally any wet effects I wish to add.

Thanks for the kind words
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Morning folks, thank you for the feedback on the last post. I've made some additions based on it. Finished weathering the wheels, extra mud and wet effects to match the skirts. I've dirtied up the rest of the tank with mud and pigments to make it look a bit more well used. I've added the missing sights and the binocular scopes, these are magnetically attached so can be removed when I fit the tbu. I've also dug out some bed rolls, barrels and jerry cans to sit on the back. Last but not least a colander figure to sit in the cupola. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Peregrine
Recruit

Post by Peregrine »

Very nice work.
Torro Late Tiger I: metal pro version, ASP2/Taranis controls, many customizations.
Taigen KV-1: HL 2.4GHz controls, few customizations.

Under Construction:
HL M41 Bulldog: ASP2/Taranis controls, all metal upgrades, many customizations.
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Post by FredtheFrench »

Amazing work. I like details and paint work.

Your Stug is a master piece!!!
Sorry for my spelling mistakes, I try to do better every day...
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Wow, that's fantastic Tom :clap: :clap: :clap:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I'm almost on a roll! Time to get the stug finished. New tracks being ordered today (old ones suffered zinc rot). Last night I made a start painting the stowage. Final position and composition hasn't been decided yet but thought I'd paint it all and go from there. I still have some helmets, gas masks and misc bottles (beer and spirits) left to paint. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
square4
Lance Corporal

Post by square4 »

Very impressive work indeed, well done. :clap:
I never finish anyth
tomhugill
Captain

Very late stug

Post by tomhugill »

New boots on and weathered, thanks Forgebear! Finally got the drum mag for the mg34 on. Also started on other bits of stowage.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Tom this is a very nice piece impressive again
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “Heng Long Builds”