Panzergruppe Tarraco scenery: the Panzodrom

PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Panzergruppe Tarraco scenery: the Panzodrom

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
Planning and working on my own tank laager up here in Colorado. I see the ground cover and that is really cool. The terrain there looks semi arid at your location. So, I am really interested in discovering what type of dwarf tree or shrub you are using there. ;o)
Any information and help will be appreciated.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

heya Painless

not semiarid, but a lot of sun and heat in the summer, with not too much rains. So we have opted to use lippia as ground cover. Just plant some of them a week back, this specie is a low growing perennial, almost invasive that will cover all the surface she can. It s very useful to have a green cover similar to the grass but with a fraction of the water needed. It also serves to fix the soil against the rain.

for the river shores we have used several types of sedum, the more little and dwarfs the better for scale effect. RThese have to be wattered the firsts two weeks almost daily in order to the roots to penetrate the substrate. The soil have to be plough up, to eliminate undesired plants and stones and then mixed with some good substrate. Not too much deep, these sedums will root to 4-5cm deep only. Our aim is to fix the ground and prevent the water of the rain to drag the soil to the riverbed, acting like a filter.

best regards!
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Jussek!
Thank you for the information, Sir! I will look and see what of these types is available locally.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

you are welcome mate

for some reason the name of the lippia was incomplete... it's called lippia nodiflora. The sedums are a mix of several species. I can take macro pics of them if you need to identify. These sedums are selling them in rolls, already grown so you have to prepare the soil and extend them like a carpet. Easy to cut with a knife and give the desired shape.

both types, once settled, need no too much water. Here we will need to irrigate one a week o every 10 days in summer. Well, that's the theory of course!
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

New holiday destination!
Awesome play park
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hi again chaps!

first of all I want to thank all those who have had words of support and to whom I have failed to thank :{

and now, some more advances!

the net of one lane back roads is being extended, and also the emplacement for the entrance of an underground bunker ;D ...yep this has no doors yet :haha:

it has to be embedded on the hill, but as we have to work on the trenches and other defensive position that will be located on top, we will do this at the same time (soon i hope)

the joint with the previously build roads is clear, this will be corrected later, when all the net of roads will be covered with a layer of Cement adhesive C2 type, to integrate all the surface

the bunker entry

view from the top of the well

and here, the main roads going on top of the 'hill range' we made to prevent the floods. They will stop there, until we bring again the bulldozer to shape the 600 square meters of the Panzodrom located beyond this hill :crazy:

and finally, some drone views

that's all for today chaps!

thanks for watching
Jussek

Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Oh wow. Amazing work, great views
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hi guys

i've not forgot this site, I promise ;D

but i've been a bit busy and with some health issues, also not too 'visual' advances on the works this month, but they are there, few but time consuming.

do not doubt of my commitment :haha: ... a week back i was on the hospital due a renal colic a whole night, and what i did after been released? direct to the Panzodrom ! LOL... i was so filled with analgesics in vein that i did not feel anything... :haha:

well chaps, here you are some more pics

several moulds cut with a thermal saw, we use these to build the 'voids' on the ground where the positions will be located

two types of trench accesses to the MG nests

deciding what positions and locations would be placed on the 'bunker' hill

using the firsts moulds

the results once the moulds were removed

second phase

third phase (and last as per today)

the positions empty, with water to see where to drill the drain holes

i've an idea of how to hide the bricks used to build the positions and communication trenches. If i meet success i will explain the method here...

as i said, not too much advances, but there are the result of almost 8 days of work, because we were talking and trying different approaches on every step, and this is very time consuming

that's all for now sirs

best regards
Jussek

square4
Lance Corporal

Post by square4 »

very impressive work, well done to all involved. :clap:
I never finish anyth
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Tell ya what mate, I know that the MM93 shop is a way from your field, but once I get to Spain, there shall be a Moto GP and a visit to the MM93 shop AND a few days at your place :thumbup:
I reckon you could do with a couple of destroyed tanks or other AFV's to chuck around the place.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Battlefield Construction”