Tankzone

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
abrad
Recruit

Tankzone

Post by abrad »

Having just purchased a Heng Long 1/8 scale Tiger 1 from this company, I need to state how good the service is that I have received from them. Not only did they meet the best internet price I could find, they proceeded to beat it by some 10%. Heng Long then sent the tang to Tankzone instead of my address and so Tankzone are delivering the tank themselves Tomorrow (Sunday) to me. That's service to shout about. ABRAD
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Tankzone

Post by HERMAN BIX »

That’s great, let’s see pics when you get it!
Mind you, at the price of those particular tanks, I would expect delivery by a suitably attired Taylor Swift !!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

But you haven't received it yet?
And therefore haven't tested and checked it over.
I'm sorry, but you can't praise a service before you actually receive that service.
This is like writing a good review for a pizza delivery before it has turned up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased for you with your purchase, and I hope it's all that you hoped for when you get it tomorrow.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

I hope it arrives tomorrow in one piece, luckily you possess the skills to repair it if the worst happens.
Good luck
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

What I don't understand is the need for their need for the builder plate fixed to the front corner? I guess hubris uber alles. Other faults in the photo can be easily corrected with a grinder.
heng-long-panzermodel-metall.jpg
abrad
Recruit

Post by abrad »

Well it has arrived, at lunch time as promised, intact, undamaged and working (Taylor Swift was dressed in a tank commanders uniform) ;) . I am very impressed with the quality of build my Tiger is Number 48. The build plate (maybe they have been looking under Aston-Martin, RR bonnets) is only held on with four csk screws. It looks the part and know doubt will be even better when it is painted. First mod is going to be a steerable machine gun. I will post pictures as soon as possible, at the moment I am up to my ears machining some obsolete shot gun parts (pays for expensive tanks) Regards ABRAD
KC66
Recruit

Post by KC66 »

Are Tankzone still trading? Website appears current and updated but have sent a couple of emails and not had a response. Cannot order directly on the website as it doesn’t work for Apple devices.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

KC66 wrote:Are Tankzone still trading? Website appears current and updated but have sent a couple of emails and not had a response. Cannot order directly on the website as it doesn’t work for Apple devices.
Take that as a possible warning, if a place is not responsive when you want to give them money, think what they could be like if there's a problem with your order.
Personally, after reading numerous bad reviews, I'd shop elsewhere.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I think they are allergic to emails because I emailed about their hvss suspension multiple times way back when and never got a response, so some things never change.

Never did place an order for it because my compatibility enquiry was never answered.

Now days I can buy a file and print it so don’t need them now
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
KC66
Recruit

Post by KC66 »

Thanks for the replies, looks a professional website, shame their reputation doesn’t match. I thought it odd for so few posts on the forum given their professed dedication to the hobby.

Any recommendations for UK suppliers who might have stocks?

Return to “Recommended Vendors”