Grantham Light Armoured Division.

hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Grantham Light Armoured Division.

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi all
Well after the first meeting of the East Midlands RC tank club, this club is now officially called the Grantham Light Armoured Division.
We meet at the Great Gonerby Social Club, 8 High Street, Great Gonerby, Grantham, Lincolnshire. NG31 8JP.
The meet is either the first or second sunday of each month (see Club Discussion Forum for the dates this year) and the doors open for set up at 10.00am and close at 16.30.
The meeting takes place inside the social clubs main hall and is heated and has all the clubs facility's ie. tea, coffee, or a pint if so disposed.
The Battle area is 10m long x 8m wide is on a artificial Grass floor covering, with tables and chairs around the outside of the area.
To cover cost's we charge £5 for the tank commander for the day (regardless of how many tanks they bring) and all other guest are free ie. wife, partner, or children.
All tanks are welcome but we must ask that no BB's are fired inside the hall (Insurance will not cover BB's)
The club Logo is
Saved as a jpeg file all members feel free to use this logo
Saved as a jpeg file all members feel free to use this logo
Club Logo.jpg (28.99 KiB) Viewed 7118 times
We look forward to welcoming you to the club
Further details are in the club discussion forum or contact :-tel 07939815063

The Discussion thread for the Grantham Light Armoured Division can be found here:
viewtopic.php?p=131285
opp's you said get off the road
Stumaptron
Recruit

Re: Grantham Light Armoured Division.

Post by Stumaptron »

I have been looking in to local clubs, haven't found any round the Luton area and this seems to be the closest gathering to me. 90 mins each way isn't to bad and £5 cost seems more than reasonable. I will look at dates for 2016 and hopefully pop along some time soon.
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

November 6th, December 4th. Hopefully see you there.
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi
The club has been invited to attend 3 shows this year and give both a static and running display.
1) Spalding Model Engineering Show (April 21st - 23rd)
2) Lancs, Tanks and military show at East Kirby Aviation Museum (home of "Just Jane" (May 27th - 29th)
3) Yorkshire War Experience ( July ? )
In addition the organisers has asked if a few members could maybe give a small display at the Spalding Flower show which is about 2 weeks before the spalding Model show as a precursor to the model show.

Could the members let me know at the Febuary meet who is intrested in going, and to which show so that we can let organisers know numbers and names for each show.
Thanks Denzil and Merle
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Due to a problem with booking. (To many Indians and not enough chiefs) our meeting date was overwritten for another show. I have had a big apology from the club.
Could all members who wish to exhibit/attend at the Spalding Model Engineering show on the weekend of April 22/23rd, Please contact merle on (01476) 570817 and let her know so that she can compile a list of the following for the organisers of the show.
Peoples Name. Model, Estimated Value, Brief description. ie. Green camo Tiger, Tan coloured M50.

We have to submit this as soon as possible so that insurance is adequate and security of the show know what they are looking after and who it belongs to.
If you are on the list and exhibiting entry is free if not you have to pay entry.
Thank you Denzil
JohnWhyte
Corporal

Post by JohnWhyte »

Me and my dad is going we will bringing some tanks
Tiger 131 £120 desert camo
Pershing £150 tiger face camo
Sherman ARV £100 black and green camo
Firefly £150 green with snaggletooth on side
Panther £150 green with cuckoo on turret
T-34
2 Pz.4
Korean Pershing
2 M50
2 M51
M1
2 King Tiger
2 Jagdpanzer E75
Alligator
E25 Ausf D
E75
E50
T32
Radar Panther
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi All
I'm waiting for the organisers to come back to me regarding the Lanc, Tank And Military Show at East Kirby on Saturday 27th May and Monday 29th May 2017.
I have submitted the names of the people going and on what day they can attend. They will issue me with the passes nearer the time.
For the Re-enactors/Displays they have offered a Ration ticket for each person that will entitle them to a coffee/Tea and a round of sandwiches each day for £1, So I have taken the liberty and ordered a ticket for each person on each day in order to save you some money for your dinner :haha: .
Set up is from Friday 26th after 10am, so I intend to be there about midday to find out where we are and get started.
On the Saturday the gates open for setup at 09.00am for the public at 10.00am also the same time on Monday.
For those camping over the weekend like me and merle you can get in and out on the Sunday But the site is not open to the public.
Just Jane will be doing taxi runs over the show as well as fly by's by B,B Flight and I also think a B17 and a Dakota.
I will get in touch with the Club members nearer the time who are exhibiting at the show with more details.
Denzil
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi all
Sorry but for the safety aspect of travelling and also just watched a car going sideways down the full length of our street. We have decided to cancel this weekends meet. I will be going to talk to the club at dinner time if I can get up the hill and out of our street :haha: to see about re-arranging the meet. we have left this decision as long as possible to see if the roads would be clear but local forecast has just given more possible snow showers clearing to maybe freezing rain. Please watch this space or Grantham Light Armoured Division Facebook page for more info as to a re-scheduled date.
Electricdemon66
Recruit

Post by Electricdemon66 »

Is this club still active as the last post about it was over a year ago but I was told about it when I joined this site last week????
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Yes we are still active, and meeting on this coming Sunday.

Return to “Clubs around the world”