New Tamiya 1/16 RC M551 Sheridan "News"

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
pitstain
Corporal

Re: New Tamiya 1/16 RC M551 Sheridan "News"

Post by pitstain »

Oh I HAVE TO get this sucker in my motorpool!!
pitstain
Corporal

Post by pitstain »

I like that it is unique and likely nobody else is going to make it.
That tank* actually served from Vietnam all the way to operation desert shield, and while overall it was a failure of a tank its still pretty damn cool.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
I'm looking at those parts sets and thinking about how useful they would be for detailing out a Walker ( especially that Spot ) The AAF Museum will be seeing some of my cash as soon as I get around to that rebuild.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
pitstain
Corporal

Post by pitstain »

I am pre-order #18 at AAF, also snagged one of the last Verlinden Vietnam stowage sets on eBay for what I am sure was too much money.
pitstain
Corporal

Post by pitstain »

Eastern Front wrote:
pitstain wrote:I am pre-order #18 at AAF, also snagged one of the last Verlinden Vietnam stowage sets on eBay for what I am sure was too much money.
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I understand your pain,,,, I have a 1/15 Verlinden Tiger I kit, with the Zimmerett upgrade, also a Panther "A" in 1/15 by Verlinden..Both are great kits.
yeah seriously, I got modern stowage sets for like $7 each, but the Vietnam was $50 with shipping....and it just came and is missing a part of one of the M-16's, but Dragon Hobby is making good and sending a replacement.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: New Tamiya 1/16 RC M551 Sheridan

Post by Soeren »

Ad Lav wrote:Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This kit looks really cool. Although I was never a big fan of Tamiyas paint jobs.
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Re: New Tamiya 1/16 RC M551 Sheridan

Post by Black Knight »

That's a cracking piece of kit! I'd certainly consider one 8)
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Post by Jay-Em »

I love it!

I have a weakness for odd little tanks, and this is a Vietnam-era piece of hardware to boot.
I hàve to say it’s rather expensive for its size. Despite that, it’s going to be the first Tami tank I’ve bought for decennia. The Prtl being the last, somewhere in the 90’s.

By the by, I’m a bit taken aback by the amount of derision the announcement of the Sheridan triggered in “The community”. Finally something original after a glut of Tigers and Shermans and all people do is whine “It’s no M60” Tsch.
mutt71
Lance Corporal

Post by mutt71 »

While I would love to do this pre-order, I will have to wait until the differences are crystal clear. I am excited to see thus Tank is closer to being in our hands soon.
HL Snow Leopard Pershing PRO
HL Panzer III X2
HL Panther G
HL Stug IIIG PRO X2
HL Sherman PRO 105
HL Panzer IV
HL King Tiger PRO X2
1/16 DUKW Hull
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

Post by X82d Pathfinder »

The tank wasn't a failure. It was typical of light armor which didn't have the defensive armor of medium and havey armor. We used them in the 82nd. The Army retired them in 1996. They could be air dropped. It often made me think of the Locust that was carried into combat in gliders.
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.- Sir William Slim

Return to “Hobby News”