Tamiya Pershing contrrols

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Tamiya Pershing contrrols

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Hi, even when it would be ideal to asign switches to the functions, with the crappiest 4ch non programable radio the funtions can be triggered with the sticks making absolutelly no use of the annoying trims as Siobhan and Percy are pointing.

So I dont agree with you, Adam. I´d move the sticks to a 75% or so. Then once the DMD is calibrated, moving the sticks to a 100% will trigger the desired function.

With a 100% of signal of the sticks, the DMD unit will think is a 125%, so it will trigger the functions.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Mine works fine at 125% but agree it would also work the way you state.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Ad Lav wrote:Mine works fine at 125% but agree it would also work the way you state.
Sure it does work fine at 125%. Mine too! What I mean is everything is a matter of how you calibrate the DMD unit.

I´d run away from the trims use as it was black pest, lol.
Ritchie7
Recruit

Post by Ritchie7 »

Hi Guys, I really need help in setting up a Tiger 1 tank whereby the main gun fires on a switch rather than move the trim to its full extent and flicking the stick.
Excuse my ignorance but some people are talking about 75% of the end points and 125% of the end points, I would be grateful if someone more knowledgeable than me can help me to set up the Tank with a Radiolink 8ch Tx, it has extra switches but I would like to know how to use one to fire the main gun and the machine gun.
Also some people are suggesting set up the DMD or the MF Unit again but I don't want to disconnect the fragile connections, any advice greatly appreciated.
Please help, I am tearing what little hair I have left, out!!!!!!!!

Regards to all
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Ritchie7 wrote:it has extra switches but I would like to know how to use one to fire the main gun and the machine gun.
Regards to all
As I told you last time - they can not be used. At all. You can only make control inputs with the 4 sticks.

This video shows you how to calibrate the DMD and operate the gun functions.
phpBB [video]
percy1510
Corporal

Post by percy1510 »

Hi Ritchie
I have just calibrated a Tamiya Pershing by doing the dmd reset as per the video above but as suggested
Earlier in this thread don't move the control sticks as far as they can go during the reset. Aim for about 75 percent of full distance. Once you have completed the reset like this moving the sticks to thier full extent will trigger main gun, machine gun,lights and engaging drive. It worked 1st time for me so I am sure it will for you

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk
Find a better way of life at Marillion.com
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Tiger6 wrote:
Ritchie7 wrote:it has extra switches but I would like to know how to use one to fire the main gun and the machine gun.
Regards to all
As I told you last time - they can not be used. At all. You can only make control inputs with the 4 sticks.

This video shows you how to calibrate the DMD and operate the gun functions.
phpBB [video]
Of course it can be done and the switches can be used for triggering the functions. But we need to know what is the radio he is using. The exact model. Radiolink 8ch does not say much...
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

in order to get the switches to work tho, you need to set the radio up to mimic the 4 stick operation through channel mixes, or by wiring switches in parallel with the gimbals (which how the pro's do it in the US). These are all radio side modifications however.

Simply trying to plug on/off switched channels in to the DMD might get certain functions to work on the gun channel, but not all of them.
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

Ad Lav wrote:Lights - left trim move right, flick left stick right. Return trim to middle.

Gun - right trim up, flick right stick up, return trim to middle.

Mg - right trim down, flick right stick down, return trim to middle.
I’m in a slightly happy place where all the above options are working on my Tamiya Pershing and FrSky Tx/Rx, however for the life of me I cannot get the radio to complete initialisation (it just keeps flashing the three colour LEDs) and because of that:

Throttle - left trim move down, Rev stick fully down, return trim to middle.

So, drive will not engage but recoil on gun does, so I’m pretty sure that the motors and ESCs are OK...

I’ve tried setting all channels at 75% during initialisation and reversing channels with no luck - any other bright ideas please!?
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

You did the dmd setup correctly with all trims and channels set to middle and N.

Return to “General Questions”