New 3D printer to the fold! ARRIVED!

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: New 3D printer to the fold! ARRIVED!

Post by Will01Capri »

Vertigo wrote:Will01...
Interested to see how your 50 cal comes out. I recently printed a pair.
I expected trouble with the barrel so ended up using a weld rod with heat shrink glued it in the end. So i want to know how you get on gluing those halves together.
I printed the main carrier standing upright (thats the carrier upright not me standing). Removed the handles as you have done and printed with that end on the bed.
I had a 1mm hole through where the cocking handle goes. Used a panel pin through the hole and put a piece of brown cable insulation over the handle end.
Mine is visually acceptable at a couple of feet. Does have less detail than OEMs but theres only so much you can do with a 0.4 nozzle.
Just last night i printed a couple of the forked mounts. I decided it was easier to include support material and fetle the parts after printing than try to relie on the print quality.
Im stuck on how to get the handle on the barrel though. I have printed some handles with the intention of trying to hold it on with heat shrink but my fingers are to big to do all this small stuf.

I took the 50 cal into my CAD and made it more solid amd removed alot of the detail and it prints much better. But i waiting on 0.1 and 0.2 nozzles to try that aswell
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “3D Printing”