HL Truck Mods

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: HL Truck Mods

Post by Will01Capri »

So here are a few 370 motor options

Dual 370 mount, requires minor mod to b chassis to make it fit. Involves bending the lip of the chassis rail on bottom side with pair of pliers
I am also going to trial twin 370 brushless motors in one for a multi drive Rally vehicle that might look like a 1/16 truck haha

Single 370 mount, but if you stretch the wheelbase you can run 2 inline like our Crew Cab
Or you can also use for single drive options ;) watch this sapce as we are going to put a brushless 370 size motor in one for a dragster application!!!!!
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Me again!
Sno track prototype 1

Dual 370 motor mount for 6x6 or mad 4x4 WPL trucks

Made some guns & Jerry cans!

Made some trailer braces to build a trailer, more of these things to come
Also king pin mount, chassis stiffner brace & also a steering mount for a steering servo on rear trailer steering axle

My wife been busy detailing and roughing up the M35 Crew Cab, loads more to do on this

I know this isn't WPL, but i will be scaling this design down to work with WPL axles ;)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

That twin rear axle setup looks interesting - I keep thinking about laying one out in CAD myself, but there's always something else I have to do instead :crazy:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Up for a box opening? 8)

phpBB [video]
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Tiger6 wrote:That twin rear axle setup looks interesting - I keep thinking about laying one out in CAD myself, but there's always something else I have to do instead :crazy:
It works beautifully. Now just need to figure out motor and transmission mount and i can run it in anger for testing :)

I hope to scale it down for smaller scales as it is pretty solid and tuneable :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Max-U52 wrote:Up for a box opening? 8)

phpBB [video]
ANother cool project, awesome work. Can't wait to see that one being built :)
I have one myself for a GAZ66 tanker build, still i need to get into some of these sound setups as mine are all missing that element
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Don't forget drivers. We need them! A friend of mine is supposed to be sending me a file for a good driver figure but he's draggin' his feet.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Max-U52 wrote:Don't forget drivers. We need them! A friend of mine is supposed to be sending me a file for a good driver figure but he's draggin' his feet.
Oh cool, yeah that be wicked to see

I am still using up my army of 50 + cheap plastic guys which i keep cutting limbs off to fit in the cabs and put different poses on haha
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I've not yet been bitten by the Truck bug; but when it happens I'd probably go with one of these British-made vehicles:
AEC-Matador (tracked conversion). Alwyn has already begun a beautiful version of the Matador sans tracks.
or, this 15cwt C4 from Morris:
and the captured version:
The Matador is well beyond anything I could make, currently, but it's always good to aim high :D
There are lots of fascinating, and quirky WW2 Brit-made trucks and 4WD vehicles to choose from. It's also sad that the Likes of AEC, Foden, Bedford, Morris, Guy and many more are no longer with us.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

43rdRecceReg wrote:I've not yet been bitten by the Truck bug; but when it happens I'd probably go with one of these British-made vehicles:
AEC-Matador (tracked conversion). Alwyn has already begun a beautiful version of the Matador sans tracks.
or, this 15cwt C4 from Morris:
and the captured version:
The Matador is well beyond anything I could make, currently, but it's always good to aim high :D
There are lots of fascinating, and quirky WW2 Brit-made trucks and 4WD vehicles to choose from. It's also sad that the Likes of AEC, Foden, Bedford, Morris, Guy and many more are no longer with us.
The matador has been on my list for a while. Although never seen a tracked version before.
There is one locally to me and we are both attending a military vehicle show in the Summer, so i will be trying to take photos and measurments then to be able to 3D print the cab
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”